13. Blood is Thicker

Bucky or... or... I couldn't even think of her yet alone say her name. She was now just my sister, and not even that. I couldn't imagine what she would look like. Maybe she would be tall, thin, short hair. I had no idea. Shrapnel of the ideal girl swooned around my head. Would she even know me? Bucky would. But Bucky wouldn't even be alive. I couldn't take that risk. He would understand, I knew he would.

I had been driving in the jeep for 3 hours until I came to the mountain dunes. My lungs hurt, my sanity lingering, I was exhausted. The master had said that to me before. When we were in assembly. I remembered it "your sanity lingers..." That felt like a lifetime ago. Little to my knowledge it was only 6 days ago. Or that's what I thought. I knew Elizaveta was in the capital. If she was really in with the government, that was where she would be. Where I was meant to be. I would have loathed to be there, and she just jumped at the opportunity. Now, I wanted a normal life. No training, no GBK, no enemies. I just wanted a normal life. Like I should have had. With my sister and my mother. At home. At home... but where was home anymore?

I had been driving for another 2 hours when I had it. I knew my whole childhood couldn't be wasted. Black Widow, that was who I would be. My own boss, my own enemy. But I needed my sister with me. Out of the government. Back with her family. Well, as close as she, or I, could get.