"Five Days"

You shook your head in disbelief, "Please don't say that, mommy," you said, "Not yet."

She strained a smile and caressed your cheek. Your mom slowly shut her eyes and dropped her hand by her side. She slept.

You stayed silent and stared at your resting mother, thinking about how and when she'll leave. The doctors never said, but you knew it was near her time.

'Stop stop it!' You thought to yourself.

A knock.

"Excuse me..," said a fairly young nurse cradling a clipboard. She walked over and examined your mother and wrote notes. After a small moment of quiet, she studied your expression and shifted her glance away towards the floor and sighed wistfully. You stayed mute.

"I'm glad you visited her, Ms. (L/N)...", spoken the nurse, "I can tell she is incredibly thankful for having such a caring daughter." You can see a delicate smile forming, yet it seems sad. She then faced you with a grim expression. "But from her condition, she only has at least five days." Her grip tightened on the clipboard.

You clenched your fists as you began to quiver and tremble. You murmured, "Why.."

"I didn't want to notify you of this," said the nurse gently, "But please, try to visit her as much as you can and make her days worthwhile." You hear her sniff as she walked promptly out of the room.

You hung your head and your breathing became brittle. She didn't deserve this. She never deserved this.

You're gonna lose your mother in five days.

Five days.

You clutched onto your hair as your eyes dilated. You can hear your mumbles. You shook your head violently.

'Get a grip of yourself, (Y/N)! Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it--'

Before you could do anything harmful, you ran out of the room.
~~~~
You arrived home in one piece, but in anguish. You tossed your shoes, your bag, and your coat.

You droop onto the couch and turned on your phone. 'Angie...'

You searched her number and smiled in dismal.

Big Sis (@⌒ー⌒@)

"Hello hello," answered Angie.

"Angie..," you responded.

"Hey, (Y/N), it's been a while!"

"Ye-yeah."

"I've something to tell you~"

"Hm?" You thought, 'Why is she happy? Did he not tell her...'

"Me and my hubby finally got a puppy!"

Silence.

"Angie..."

"What?"

"Please listen to me..." Your breath became choppier. "Mother..."

"She's getting treatment, right," said Angie hopefully.

"N--" You covered your mouth to control your sobs.

"Sis, what's wrong?"

"She-she...has five days."

There was silence on the other end.

"F-five days."

It wasn't a question. You knew this has broken her.

"Why..," she asked.

"The.. The doctor misread the prescription.."

"Shit... Fuck," she murmured. "FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

You've began to hiccup with overflowing tears sliding down your cheeks and dripping from your chin.

"Angie.."

"Th-thank you... For telling me."

"Sis, wait--"

She ended the call. She broke. This family broke.
~~~~
You pounded on your father's door. "Dad! Come out, now!"

No answer.

"Dad! Please now!"

Silence.

"Father, please," you pleaded, "It's about Mom and--" Stopping midway, you choked on your words as you whimpered, "and...and Angie."

He didn't answer. You barged in.

You didn't expect to see a scene like this.

Bed sheets wrinkled and thrown all over the room, broken vases, dead flowers, gnarled curtains, and unexplained stains on the carpet. Along with that are opened and unopened drawers, wrinkled and torn clothes on the floor, a putrid odor, and a small figure in a corner.

"Da--"

"Leave," he screeched without turning around.

"Daddy, it's Mom--"

"I said leave!!" His hair was matted with an unshaven face, dark circles and eyes that have aged twenty years, and wrinkles along his cheeks and forehead. He produced gray hair with a receded hairline. You couldn't recognize him anymore. You scanned the room and noticed bottles and cans along the edge of the room. 'He's been drinking..' you thought.

"Please... Daddy.."

"GET OUT!" He grabbed an empty bottle and hurled it at you.

Tears formed at the corner of your eyes, petrified at your once gentle father to an abusive and harsh one. He would have never done this to you. You have him one last, longing look, then sprinted out of the room.

You escaped into your room when you suddenly felt a sharp pain in your right arm.

Horrified. Panicked. Immobilized.

Broken shards of glass has dug into your skin and smudges of blood appeared before your eyes.

The agony. It. Was. Torture.

You gripped the untouched part of your arm and clutched onto it.

"Fuck fuck fuck."

You attempted to touch the glass, but there was only a sharp sting and strain.

"Shit!"

You hurriedly snatch your phone and dialed (F/N)'s number.

'Please please please.'

(F/N) AYYY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Hel--"

"(F/N) please help me! My, my arm!" You hiccuped.

"What happened," she yelled, concern.

"Please.."

"I'm on my way!"

'Five days..'

(A/N): Good day everyone! Shit happened, eh? Well, for once I'm back on track with longer chapters. MANSAE!! //cough. I wonder what will happen next..?

Sorry to those who are expecting a lot of BTS, but it seems like a "ft. BTS", huh? I'll promise to add some more scenes (^_^)

Until next week, Jill out!

Reader x BTSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें