Rare promise

A week later...

I was dressed in human clothes. A black long sleeved shirt, a dark jacket, jeans, and boots is what I chose to wear. My short, black hair draped over one of my eyes to prevent people from seeing it. The visible eye is red, the hidden is an icy blue with strange markings In and around it. My deathly pale skin made my lips look red. Ivory fangs peeked out a tiny bit. A lightning- shaped cowlick bounced on my head as I walked. As I rounded a corner in the cold city, a young man ran into me. We both fell on the ground from impact. His blue eyes looked at me and he apologized over and over again. A polar bear cuddled up to him and I smelled my favorite food. All of this together put me on edge. He stood helped me up, which didn't last long to my space. " Excuse me sir, but do you know where the hockey rink is? I'm going to watch and I don't know where it is..." I lied. I'm a hockey player for my country. His eyes lit up and I had to clench my hand over my nose to stop a nosebleed. " R-really? You like hockey? I can show ya because I got to got there anyhow." He spoke in such happiness I was really taken aback.    Striking a pose, I looked to him and almost yelled before lowering my tone, " Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!". And off we started, talking about random crap. On the way we ran into his family and friends whom didn't seem to notice him. " MATTIE, BRO, WHO IS THE HOT CHICK WALKIN WITH YA?!? WHERE WE GOING?!?", the Alfred screamed. I replied, keeping an eye on France. I didn't like him and he knew it. Our countries had been in war and he had killed me.... Twice. Once when I was the deadliest pirate out there. The other, an assassin in war. He got Germany to shoot me. I came back both times. Reason why, my father, Death. He wants me to learn. When we finally arrived, I slipped away from the group. As my body found my way to my teams locker room, I was greeted by everyone. They all promised not to tell anyone I was a girl and not treat me differently. When all my gear was put on, we walked out. I sat on the sides for most of the time. Then Canada, of all people got on the ice. My team needed me. I was called on, and skated towards the center. Matthew and I faced off. The stadium went silent, the air was thick with tension. Before the match started, I saw his eyes scan the crowd, looking for something. Just while he was distracted it began. I hit the puck so fast and I was off. Everyone was generally surprised how fast I was. He took a moment to realize what happened before he gave chase. No one messed with me. I had a reputation, break my focus, I break your bones. This, however, the Canadian didn't know about. Soon, somehow, he was beside me. With a simple swipe, he had the puck and my attention. I skated over so I was at my teams goal in record time. He was still halfway acrossed. I charged at him. Everything was a blur. This was it. Win it all or go home. A few feet away, I reached my hockey stick out, stealing the puck. With that I slid between his legs and on the other side, hit the puck with inhuman speed. It soared the air before stopping at Canada's net. Froxxusica won. We won. I raised my arms in success. Within seconds my team surrounded me. As we celebrated on the ice, I skated over to Matthew as he looked on in awe. " So... Dude what were ya looking for...?"" N- nothing, I was just looking for someone". A chuckle escaped my mouth. " Go get her loverboy" I said and gave him a pat on the back. He shook his head and explained that he met her only today, and was hoping to hang out later. He didn't have any of her information, and by the time he was done, his face was flushed red. Blood hit the ice. It was so cute... When I wiped my nose, I looked at him. He was taller, because yes, I'm short. " I'll give her the message, how bout, 7:30 tonight at ... Hmmm..... Woods" I rested a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me and tilted his head in question. I took off my helmet and winked before skating away to change. His face held pure shock. After the team celebration it was 7:00 so I set off to the woods. The rare promise that would not break.