3 Years Later

--Narrators POV--

After the parties and holidays were well spent the family all went home to their loving guild. Everyone began work again and slowly got used to it. All of the bonds grew and relationships between each developed more too.

--Lucy's POV--

"Hey Luce! Wanna hang out after the Valentines party today?" Natsu's loud mouth projected across the room. I nodded and continued setting up the streamers. Today is Valentines Day, as normal the guild is as lively as ever. But what upsets me the most is Natsu has been avoiding me all week. I'm kind of scared hes getting tired or annoyed with me. Maybe he even is starting to hate me! No! No , Lucy you cant let your anxiety get a hold of you.

After all the decorations were up me and Natsu walked home together. (Yes that's right. After the vacation he started to just live with me.) Once we got there, Natsu naturally began eating all the food as I went to take a bath before the party. The vanilla scented steam replaced the air. Natsu walked in oblivious as always and asked where his tux was. To be honest, he's like a child you cant stop watching or he'll break something. Soon after I got out and got dressed.

The party was normal and lively. Everyone was either; eating,drinking,dancing, or enjoying anothers presence. It was the usual with the usual. Levy and Gajeel, Jellal and Erza, Mira and Laxus. It was all the same. Even the other guilds decided to show. But something off, there is something miss- WHERE IN THE WORLD IS NATSU?!!? Oh no! Did I forget him at home? Is he with Happy?! Where is that pink headed idiot!!

Just when I lost all hope, I saw him at the corner of my eye. He was walking in with Happy and Carla while shoving something in he pants pocket. I ran over and greeted him while other started to crowd us. For the first time in forever, I saw Natsu get really uncomfortable around people. Just when I thought he couldn't be acting stranger, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the cold winter. After giving me his jacket and scarf, he just sort of stood in front of me blushing.

"Uhh.. So Luce.." he finally was able to get out retreating his head to the ground.

Before I could respond to him he grabbed my arms and kissed my head slowly. Confused and flushed, I just stared at him. He finally retrieved the little thing he put in his pocket earlier. It was a small box wrapped in pink ribbon. I took it and slowly stripped the ribbon, opening the petite box. Inside it laid a small necklace with a ring. He took the necklace and put it on my neck. The necklace was a key with a fire at the tip of it. On the back it said, "I will always me there for you. Call whenever<3" I almost broke out into tears but Natsu destracted that thought by grabbing the ring that still lie inside. He looked up at me with those gorgeous onex eyes I adore so much.

"Lucy, I promise, Ill never leave you. Every day til we die. Ill always be with you. I promise."

A promise ring. My heart jumped at the thought and raced faster by the minute. He slipped it on my finger and whispered,

"I love you, Lucy Heartfilla."

I let a few tear rain from my eyes but I slowly jumped up and kissed him. It was soft but passionate and we stayed like that for a few minutes. Finally we let go and looked into each others eye. As a shooting star past in the corners of our eyes, I whispered back,

"I love you, Natsu Dragneel."