Chapter 7 - Derek

This chapter probably isn't going to be so action-y because A) Derek already has a 2 part chapter and B) a lot has happened already. You'll get to know Derek and his family some more in this, so sit back & enjoy! :)

(from Bri)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bright sunlight streamed in through my window, blinding me for a minute.

"Urg..." I groaned, pulling the sheets over my head. I was not a morning person.

Finally, when I got used to the light, I stepped out of bed, taking a few shaky steps to the bathroom. I looked at the calender that Mom posted in my room. August 3. Huh, today was my part of my favorite number, 30. It was on the back of my jersey that I had on. Wait. I had my jersey on?

Last night came back in a rush. The scrimmage, the goal, the punch, the car ride-

The car ride.

All that embarassing conversation ran through my head. And I told Max, of all people. I considered staying in bed all day, but my stomach rumbled. I continued to the bathroom, starting the shower and getting in without letting it warm up. Stupid, stupid, stupid Derek...

I got out of my cold shower and threw a T-shirt and gym shorts on, grabbing my phone and deleting all the annoying text messages from my teammates. I read one from my creepy stalker, Scarlett Jones.

Hey :) R u up? Cuz we should hang out today :)

I shuddered and deleted the message. She had to be the creepiest girl I've ever met. Oddly enough, she was considered popular in our small town school. Yet she stalked my profile on Facebook often, and she's always texting me.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Mom said on my way down for breakfast.

"Huh? Oh, right, morning..." I responded, looking for some fruit loops.

"Uh, Derek?" Max said.

"What?" I replied, holding my cereal. I spotted the bacon and pancakes on the table, then glanced at my fruit loops. "Oh. I think bacon wins, fruit loops." I said, putting the box of cereal back in the cupboard. Mom and Max laughed, then resumed their eating.

"Max told me about what you did, Derek. And I am not happy about it." Mom said, me being paused mid bacon-bite.

"Sahwee muh, ih wa-"

"Swallow first, dude. I didn't ask for 'seafood'." Max said, making Mom laugh at his terrible pun. I glared at him and finished my chewing.

"What I was saying was-"

"I know, 'Sorry mom it was self defense.' " she said. "It was still unacceptable though, and don't think you should've of punched that boy. Your father will be hearing about this."

I dropped my fork. "What?" I squeaked out.

"No buts about it. Now finish your breakfast and put away those clean clothes away that are laying in your room. But first, you need to clean the dishes." Max stifled a laugh with a cough.

"Max, you can help too." Mom said. I smirked at him.

"Mom, I'm 21. I can drink alcohol now. I shouldn't be doing dishes." he said, matter-of-factly.

"You are back under my roof, young man. Besides, your baby brother need help."

"I'm not a baby! I punched a kid! that qualifies me as a-"

"Typical teenage boy then. Go, the both of you before I break out the toothbrushes again." Mom stated, placing her dishes in the sink. I shuddered at the memory of him and I trying to juggle a soccer ball back and forth inside the house. We broke Mom's favorite vase of flowers, and she bought two toothbrushes for us to clean the bathroom with. I can't believe she still had those stupid things.