Chapter 13 - Derek

Sorry! Technical difficulties :/ chapter 13 will be up soon! :)

YAY ITS UP ^_^ 

~*~*~*~*~*~*,*.*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Slowly, slowly the world slid into focus. I was still limp against the building. What had happened? Oh yeah. I passed out.

"What. A. Wimp." was all I thought about. Passing out is for weak women in plays, not....me. I willed myself to get up, open my eyes, comprehend something, anything. Words faded into my mind.

"Thank you....out of running...complimenting...mean a lot...thanks for...before...embrace of fear...the bathroom...compelled me to almost kiss you."

What? Wake up, Derek, wake up!

"What...happened?"

"I was just, he, uh,-"

"Passed out."

I know, I know I'm passed out, help me wake up! Somewhat answering my prayer, a foot nudged my shoulder. It brought some feeling back into my body. I could open my eyes in time to see Maddy run off.

"Awesome." I thought. I finally regained my motor skills again, pulling myself into a crawling position.

WHOOF. A cleat smacked on my back, sending me crashing into the cold, hard Earth. I tried to get up again, but the cleat held strong.

"Sneaking off to the lover's hideout? Never knew you were like that," a sneering voice said. I turned my head enough to see Wyatt towering over me. Adrenaline coursed through my veins and gave me a burst of energy. "Thought you'd have some class."

"What the hell, Wyatt? Get off of me." I demanded, making an attempt to get up. Surprisingly, I could get up, but the cleat came down harder this time, sending a more pronounced shock of pain through me.

I could hear a menacing laugh. "You know exactly what the hell, you asshole. I thought you'd respect yourself enough to back off Maddy." The cleat pushed harder into my back, now beginning to really hurt. Why is he so obsessed now? He seemed barely interested the last time we talked about her.

"I don't know what's going on, Wyatt." I said, stately. I couldn't cave in so easily to this bit of pain now.

"Oh, yes you do. You flirt with her all the time. Don't think I noticed? And now I find her confessing her love to you. Isn't that wonderful." The cleat pushed harder and harder into my back. The pain was almost becoming unbearable, and I threatened to black out again. "Maybe it would just be better to give up..." I thought, never wanting anything more than to just make it stop. I saw Wyatt lean in real close.

"So was it fun?" he asked. I didn't answer, only trying to give the best glare I could at the moment. "Was it, you know, fun back here?" Wyatt said again.

That was the last straw. Using my last bit of diminishing strength, I swung my arm behind my back, grabbing Wyatt's leg, catching him off guard. He spun to the right, almost losing his balance. Finally relieved of the pain in my back, I stood up, facing Wyatt once again. He still seemed a bit dazed from my wrestler -l ike move. Standing in my full height, I glared at Wyatt, seeing his pupils dilate. I was powerful, controlling, demanding. I was invincible.

In my new found strength and rage, I took a step and pinned Wyatt against the concrete building.

"Listen, I have no fucking idea what went on. But it wasn't your twisted idea. Next time you say something so...disrespectful, I will hurt you. Much, much worse." I pressed him harder into the wall. "Get over yourself."