Chapter 34 - Maddy

dedicated to gleekmik because she's also super nice and comments and makes me happy inside :D which reminds me: comment! I love to hear from my readers, often I get ideas from their comments :) so COMMENT AWAY ^u^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey."

I should've guessed trouble as soon as that little son of a bitch walked into the elevator.

Snapback, muscle shirt, girl jeans, and an iPhone, I scooted over to not inhale the suffocating amount of cologne he had on. I leaned against the elevator wall and felt the grooves again, thinking back to Derek. I thought I had hated Derek before this whole thing, but the kid standing next to me couldn't be beaten for the doucheiest-looking person around. There's just some people you hate at first sight, and he was definitely one of them.

I politely responded a "Hi", then continued my ridicule of him in my head. There was something extremely uncomforting about him though. He carefully scanned me up and down, focusing on the small bits of exposed skin on my thighs, very clearly my butt, and also very clearly my boobs. I pulled my shirt up a little, even though they weren't hanging out in the first place. The elevator dinged, and I hastily went to walk out.

I was dragged backwards and the doors closed once more. "What's your name, beautiful?" Extremely scared, uncomfortable, and annoyed, I reached for the open button. He clicked floor five. "Why don't we talk a little?"

"Um, I have to go, actually."

He sauntered until my back was against the wall, literally. His hand slapped on the wall beside my head, and he leaned uncomfortably close. "C'mon, you can't be in that much of a rush to stop and have a little...fun."

The elevator dinged, and I went to rush out. He forcefully grabbed my waist and pinned me against the wall again, closing the door and going back down to floor one, buying time. His disgusting hands slid down to my hips.

At this point, I was nearing tears, because I was so incredibly scared. Fear overtook me until I felt I was shaking, terrified of what he might do to me. I wanted anyone, anything to save me, but I could barely speak, scream, or barely function for that matter.

"Loosen up a little. I'm just looking for a good time." His eyes scanned down my body again.

But in a snap, my fear turned to anger. No one disrespects me like this, I thought. I will not stand to be looked at like some piece if meat. I was fucking Madeline Joelle Gray, and I did not stand to be objectified. I was the fearless center defender. I had taken a shot to the stomach before, a nose smashed in my forehead. And I wasn't letting this bastard take advantage of me like this.

As soon as the elevator dinged again, this time for the second floor, I stomped on his foot and made a run for it.

I pushed through the family waiting for the elevator and ran. Ran down the entire hall to the stairwell, but his pounding feet were following me. I pushed open the door and began scrambling down the steps. I couldn't get down fast enough, and he caught me, yanking my arm back.

"I like your moxie."

"Get the fuck off me."

"Fiery personality. That's hot."

I took the chance of weakness to break away again, throwing open the door to the first floor. He was still following, but I was faster. People yelped as I pushed through them, coming to the stairs leading down where Aimee would be. I ran down them like never before.

I jumped from the third to last stair and came to a running stop, finally, finally having to catch my breath. I would just have to beat him up when he came. I physically couldn't run anymore.