Chapter 3

Daisys pov.

I was woken up randomly from the loud sounds of hard thuds that seemed like door knocks. I got up lazily with my eyelids still a bit closed as I moaned slowly looking at my phone screen too check what time it was. I was super surprised at the fact that someone was knocking on my door around 2. Who would? And why would they? Only tweakers come out at night.

The clouds hung like tattered gray curtains, framing an inky indigo sky as I stared out the window. Midnight is beautiful time of night. The stars twinkle brightly, faint clouds briskly float by the glowing moon. The sky's color is a magnificent, deep blue. But the most peaceful thing of all is the silence that stares at is from below.

I grunted as the loudly knocks went on my door again disturbing my thoughts.
The room was dark, so dark. I made sure my eyes were open, fearing I had gone blind. I couldn't see my hand, even though it was literally an inch from my face. I gathered my flip flops on and scurried downstairs like I was running from some kind of cereal killer as I jammed the door open without even looking through the peek hole.

"Sup Daisy." My brother was standing in front of me looking dozed with a wine cooler in his left hand and a girl looking jacket in his right. So the first thing that had popped in my mind was that he was drunk.

"Um..." I raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing here at 2am on a school night?"

He giggled and hiccuped ignoring my question making a little wet sound, " Can I come in now? I'm cold!"

He was whining so annoyingly so I had no choice but too let him in, me shutting the door behind and locking it as I crossed my arms around my chest since my body was getting cold from the outside wind.

While he walked passed me I could smell the familiar scent of beer and maybe a mixture of weed. Was he smoking pot too??

"What happened Davy? Why are you drinking on a school night?" I gave him a look of confusion while he laid himself on my couch, making himself comfortable.

"I wasn't drinking. I was partying." His words slurred so horribly as he let out a lazy chuckle, me rolling my eyes.

He had finally laid his body straight applying his palms under his head as he slowly closed his eyes while he put the random jacket on top of him.

"Oh and who's jacket is this? Cause I'm pretty sure it belongs to a girl." I asked, looking very concerned as I snatched it away from him giving it a better view.

"My girl." He smiled but his eyes were still closed, "It's my girls jacket.."

"Are you sure it's not just a girl you hooked up with at the party?"

"Just shut up and go too sleep damn."

I already knew he was completely wasted, he was slurring his words and couldn't even walk in a straight line.

"You told me you didn't have a girlfriend?" I asked so many question but couldn't careless.

"God are you a cop or something? Just leave aren't you tired?" He titled his head up a little from the couch, his forehead crinkled in pain and confusion at the same time.

"Yeah tired of your bullshit..." I mumbled making sure he wouldn't hear me, so I turned off the lights and walked upstairs back too my sleeping.