Chapter 27

Calum's pov.

When I walk around in the gigantic enveloping walls of the mall, I feel as if a brand new adventure has just opened up for me. What new shirts are in style this fall season? Are ripped jeans out already? The best thing about shopping is that I am in control of everything. If I see a shirt that I adore, I am the one who decides if I want to buy it or not. There is no pressure in making a choice, unlike the decision of whether or not one should study in school. If one does not study in school, there will be severe consequences such as not getting into college or dropping out of high school. However, if one does not buy that shirt, there will not be negative consequences. That is the beauty of shopping. One has an abundant number of choices.
As I stroll into the Halloween spirit shop, I see many different salespeople walking around. Some quietly fold the clothes into a neat rectangular shape while others eagerly immerse with the customers. The best thing I like about this store is the range in selection of the types of clothing it sells. The store does not center around a specific style.

"Find anything you like bro?" Michael blurted out, walking next to me as I was still skimming through the costumes for men.

"Not yet.." I replied, turning each hanged costume wear.

"Hey Cal, can I ask you something?" Luke smiled, making me narrow my eyebrows.

"Why do people keep talking about you in a camp because of Daisy?!" Luke said in an fake questionable voice, not paying attention to me but searching through costumes.

Oh shit

I stood their, stood right in front of the costumes, staring straightly with my eyes widened,

"Uh-" I nervously laughed glancing over at my shoulder, looking at him,

"Where'd you hear that?!"

"You know what exactly im talking about." Luke spat out, squinting his eyes over at me.

"You little shit, you promised you would get along with her!!" He angrily explained, making me flinch.

"You think I don't try?" I questioned, as he raised his eyebrows, staring at me.

"Yeah I don't.." I playfully laughed, breaking the 7 second silence.

"You don't know how much she can be a bitch Luke." I sighed, focusing on the costumes.

"Plus, why do you even care? Why did you even want me too get too know her in the first place! It's all your fault on why I went to that stupid camp!" I hissed, making him raise his hands in defense.

"Your fault for not getting along with her." He muttered, making me give him a bored look.

"Why did you even want me too do this in the first place?" I sighed, him not even looking at me thinking in silence.

"Just try and get too know her more, and maybe ask her about an x boyfriend or something, get too know her personal life." He explained, letting a breathe, making me huff.

"Luke... Do you have something you want to tell me?" I titled my head in confusion, as he hesitantly shaked his head, biting his lip ring.

"Just.. Please." Luke trailed a finger through his blonde quiff,

"Fine, I'll try." I gulped, making him plaster a smile onto his face.