Chapter 4

Daisys pov.

It was a Thursday night, the sun had completed its tour for the day, and had now been replaced by myriad stars which dotted the inky canopy. A low waning gibbous moon hovered tenuously in the twilight firmament, bestowing a very dim light upon the land. It was a cool, windy night; the swaying of trees and rustling of leaves could be heard but not seen as the encompassing darkness had blotted out all but the faintest light. Briefly a dark, wispy cloud eclipsed the crescent moon. For a few shadowy moments it looked like there was a halo around the cloud, a dull aura of lunar luminescence.

My friend such as Alexa and I, had been watching some Netflix for the day eating junk that we considered food until I got a random phone call causing my song ringtone too come up; dead to me by Melanie Martinez.

I had turned my head too Alexa giving her a confused suspicious look as I answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Daisy..." I heard a whispered, it was very quiet and I could hear some shuffling through the phone as I crinkled my head in confusion, "Yes this is Daisy, who's this?"

"It's Davy.. " He softly spoke giving a gulp, "Please come pick me up in the back of your school building."

"Why did your car broke down or somethin' ?" I raised an eyebrow still holding my phone to my ear as I plopped a popcorn into my mouth.

"No!" He cried, "Just please hurry, I'm hiding and this dude keeps trying too beat me up for what I did yesterday!"

I stopped chewing on my popcorn pulling my lips into a straight line, my eyebrows furrowing. My mind felt through confusion, but then all of a sudden realized. The girl jacket Davy had yesterday, the girl he hooked up must have had a damn boyfriend.

"Are you stupid Davy?! Are you telling me you slept with someone's girlfriend!"

"Maybe.. just please I'll explain later hurr-" He cut himself off as the phone line went off, me looking at the screen in confusion. What the hell was going on? Obviously he's getting hurt for sleeping with a guys girlfriend. This is one of the reasons why I never drink cause you can get drunk and do something stupid.

"Who was it?" Alexa was still focused on the tv show, chewing on Cheetos.

"It was Davy, he wants me too go pick him up behind the school building." I spoke not actually explaining why as we headed up too grab jackets and our things and head into my car.

"So why is he at the school at 10 at night?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow looking concerned as I shrugged.

"I'll tell you later but right now we have too focus on picking him up."

I turned on the engine, speeding away in the dark night with Alexa on the side. When night falls, a blackness, thick as velvet, engulfs the world. When the last light goes, drivers turn their cars' headlights to the brightest setting, rolling cautiously down the highways crisscrossing Sydney, Australia.

All what was on my mind was the boy. The boy who had been beating up my brother right now, how he looks like, what he thinks, and his personality is about. This kid can be crazier than you think and you don't even know. I mean I would be angry too if someone slept with my boyfriend at a party they never told you about. But hopelessly, right now I hope Davy is using his strong hands too keep him from bruising him. When we get there, I thought of Alexa keeping hold of the boy since she's strong about it and I will help my brother.