Hurt

After receiving an injury during a battle, it's up to Legolas to help you get changed, as you can't move your arm...

***********************************

"Gah," you winced, grasping your right arm, feeling hot blood drip through your fingers. Legolas' hold on your waist got tighter, and his head spun round to look at you, his crystal blue eyes filled with concern.

"I can carry you if you want," he began, "You don't have to walk the whole way back-"

"No, I'm fine," you grunted, teeth clenching, "it's just a flesh wound, my legs aren't hurt. Besides, we're nearly there."

You gestured ahead of you with your chin, and, sure enough, the tall towers of Mirkwood were visible over the gnarled, twisted trees. Legolas sighed, not happy, but aware that your pride and persistence would never allow him to carry you. As you monotonously trampled on, occasionally tripping over a fallen log and wincing as you jarred your sore arm, earning many worried looks from Legolas, your mind drifted back to that morning.

* * * * * * *

"(Y/N!)" yelled Legolas over the roars of metal clashing on metal and screeches of injured orcs, "BEHIND YOU!"

You spun around, and stood face to face with an Uruk-hai, one of the most terrifying soldiers of Saruman's army. Its breath, hot and sticky, blew into your face, and your nose wrinkled at the scent of rotten flesh. It brought its long sword crashing down, ready to split you in half, but you raised your arms and blocked its weapon with your own, earning a small gash on your face and a jarring in your shoulders as repayment. But you were alive, that was all that mattered. You blocked another blow, this one to your side. You then parried and side-stepped, bringing your sword deep into the creature's side, hot black blood coating your hand and tunic. Typical. You'd only just washed that.

You removed your sword and stepped to the right, watching the vile animal's body slump and fall to the ground in a heap, joining its many dead companions.

"Thanks!" you shouted over to Legolas, earning a small smile and head nod in recognition before he locked swords with another orc, swiftly removing its body from the burden of a head.

He cleaned his sword on his light green tunic, and started walking towards you. Suddenly, his eyes widened, and his mouth opened to speak, but it was too late. A sharp, agonising pain entered your right side, and you screamed and fell to your knees, clutching it to find a long, thin orc arrow protruding from your upper arm.

You desperately searched for Legolas, and your eyes reached him just in time to see him fire his bow at something behind you. A dull thud came from your right, and you turned around to see a tall orc, arrow sticking into its forehead, fall to the ground next to you.

Legolas ran up to you and quickly keeled down, so he was at eye level to you. He grabbed your arm tightly, and you gave a loud shout, causing him to automatically lessen his grip. A short, sharp elvish curse came from his mouth and your eyes widened, you had never heard him swear before.

"Can you walk?" he asked urgently.

You nodded, and he quickly pulled you up by your good arm.

"Good, we must get this seen to quickly," and you started the long journey back to Mirkwood.

* * * * * *

"(Your name), said Legolas gently, knocking you out of your daydream,"We are here."

Sure enough, the vast gates of Mirkwood towered over you both, and the pain in your shoulder had resided to a dull, throbbing ache. Legolas walked quickly, leaving you jogging trying to keep up with him. He turned corner after corner, mind set on reaching your chambers as fast as he could. He had to get that wound bandaged before you lost any more blood. Finally, after many twists and turns, you arrived at your doors. Legolas opened them, and held them open for you as you walked into the room. Darkness was nearly upon Middle-Earth, and the waning moonlight shone through the translucent curtains, casting an eerie glow throughout the room. You sat down on your bed, still clutching your arm, as Legolas sat next to you and began tending to your wound. Thank God your dress didn't have sleeves on it and he was able to get to it easily. You looked away from him and winced, as he began to clean it with hot water.

"I am sorry, (your name)," he said earnestly, "but the wound must be cleaned."

"Uh huh," you grunted, teeth once again clenched to fight the urge to scream blue murder. You could see Legolas' shoulders tense every time you hissed in pain, so you tried your hardest to keep quiet. Once he had cleaned the wound, his face turned grim.

"It is small," he told you, "but it runs deep. It must be causing you much pain." His blue eyes looked anguished, as if he felt guilty for what could never have been his fault.

You shrugged your good shoulder, and felt his warm hands surround your upper arm as he tightly applied a bandage around the wounded area. He stood up and made to go, but you coughed loudly, and he turned around, confusion etched onto his chiselled features.

"Um, Legolas," you began, "have you ever tried getting changed with only one arm?" you gestured to your useless limb.

"Oh." he exclaimed, flushing red."So, you, you want me to help you to..." he made a gesture with his hands towards your nightgown, lying on the back of an ornate wooden chair.

"If you don't mind," you replied, standing up and trying not to laugh at the terrified look on his face.

He stepped forwards and you turned your back. His long, warm fingers brushed the sweaty hairs off your neck, and he cleared his throat awkwardly, moving his hands towards your zip. He pulled it down in one clear stroke, and your back erupted into goosebumps as the cold air hit it. Your thin, silk chemise did nothing to hide the gentle curves of your torso, and as Legolas changed position to gently pull your dress over your head, you saw him desperately trying to look anywhere but your silk-clad body, bathed in moonlight. Your dress fell to the ground in a crumpled heap and you stood in nothing but a short garment that barely covered your upper thighs. You could swear that you had never seen an elf blush, but Legolas' cheeks certainly seemed darker than usual.

"Does it hurt if I do this?" he asked, moving your sore arm into the sleeve of your nightdress.

Your eyes squeezed shut and a small whimper escaped your mouth. Damn... yes... yes that DID hurt...

Legolas' eyebrows knitted in concern, and as he gently pulled the nightgown over your head, his eyes never left yours. Finally, you were changed, and you stood in your nightgown, next to the most flustered elf you had ever seen in your life. You climbed into bed, and Legolas almost absent-mindedly pulled the blanets up to cover you.

He was once again, about to leave the room, when you thought of one more thing.

"Legolas?" you asked, voice soft, "can you stay? I... I don't know, I just feel safer around you..."

His mouth quirked up into a smile, and he turned around, and took a seat on the large chair by your bed. "Of course I can," he replied, fingers dancing near your hairline, "I will always stay when you ask me to, you know that."

Wow... that was longer than I expected it to be... sorry about that! I just couldnt stop writing!!! mrsgenki1014, hope that was what you were looking for xxx :)