Consummation (Part One)

Imagine Gimli accidentally walking in on Legolas and yourself during your Wedding Night AAAAha thank you whoever sent this prompt in this is fucking gold 

It had been a long day, there was no denying that. The elvish maids had woken you up at the crack of dawn to prepare you for the ceremony. Who knew that getting your hair done would be more frightening than battling with orcs? Legolas, of course, had woken up at a normal time. His clothing, an intricate silver headpiece and a white and grey tunic, were far easier to put on than whatever you had been forced to wear.

You were roughly shoved into a seat in front of a large mirror at sunrise, and made to stay there for three hours, whilst your hair was twisted and pulled into a traditional elvish wedding style. Two thin braids ran from above your ears to behind your head on either side of your face and were tied with a silver ribbon at the base of your neck. After that, a beautiful silver headpiece had to be intricately woven into your hair, resting gently on your forehead. The remainder of your long curls cascaded in silky waves down your back.

Whilst this process was taking place, you began to realise that this would probably be the first time Legolas had ever seen your hair down. In battles, it was usually tied up in a tight plait or a strict bun. You couldn't have hairs flying around whilst you were killing orcs. Practicality had always come before fashion for you.

After that came the dress, a pure white, floor length gown with a fitted bodice, low neckline, and lace sleeves. Finally, the finishing touch, the veil, was added.

The ceremony was mostly uneventful, save for Gimli bursting into tears during the 'I do's' and trying to hide it with manly coughing. The thing that you remembered most was Legolas' reaction as he saw you walking down the aisle. You saw his eyes widen the tiniest amount, and his mouth open in an amazed smile. When you finally reached him, he leant over to you and whispered, "You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

Elvish ceremonies were somewhat different from human ones. After the wedding, the couple left, whilst the remaining guests were treated to a party full of drinking and dancing.

You and Legolas had, of course, left early, and were walking back to Legolas' chambers. When you reached the door, Legolas stopped and smiled down at you.

"I have to do this traditionally," he smiled, as he opened the door and lifted you up, carrying you through the threshold.

"Nerd." you muttered to yourself as he did so, surprised that he didn't seem to be finding carrying you difficult at all, despite the fact that you had eaten almost your body weight in cake a few hours earlier. 

You chuckled to yourself. Legolas was nothing if not traditional. He was strictly against the whole 'intimacy before marriage' deal. Even though you had come close a few times, he had always managed to back away with a kind, 'patience, mela.' Your wedding night would definitely be the 'wedding night' you had hoped for.

Legolas set you down and closed the door behind him. The room was filled with candles, and that, combined with the bright moon, was the only source of light. Despite the darkness, though, you could clearly see Legolas' expression of adoration. His lips turned slightly upwards in a smile, as he brought them closer to yours.

"I have waited so long for this moment," he breathed, leaning forwards and taking your face in his hands, "I love you. I always have and I always will."

He brought his head down and touched his lips gently to yours, almost a ghost of a kiss. You responded to his touch almost immediately, instantly going on to your tip toes to give yourself better access to his mouth. His soft lips moved gently against yours, and he hummed in contentment as you hand began to run up and down his arm. You grinned slyly to yourself, and opened his lips with your own, exploring his open mouth with your tongue. Your other hand tangled in his hair, and very gently brushed against the side of his very sensitive elvish earlobe. A low groan came from his mouth as he all but threw you into the bed.

Usually, the ears were a no-go zone, but now, everything had changed. Legolas raced to undo the ties on his tunic, and quickly managed it, pulling out from his body and leaving him standing in nothing but a pair of tight black trousers. His toned torso seemed to shine in the moonlight, as he gently climbed onto the bed and looked down at you, flushed with excitement, pupils dilated.

"You are so beautiful," he whispered, as he nuzzled into your neck.

You sighed at the feeling of his firm tongue licking and biting the sensitive skin near your earlobe.

Suddenly, bright light filled the room as the large wooden for was opened, and light from the corridor leaked into your dark chambers.

"I... WAIT... WHAT? THIS ISN'T THE BATHROOM!!??" came a loud, startled voice from the doorway.

Legolas sat bolt upright, furious at having been interrupted. He protectively covered your body with his own and stared angrily at the door. Standing in the doorway was a short man with a shock of red hair, a very intricately braided beard and a full pint glass of ale in one hand.

Gimli, the stout Scottish dwarf, took a hard look into the room, and his eyes widened as he realised his mistake.

"Oh. Oh laddie, I'm so sorry," he slurred towards Legolas, as he comprehended the scene before him.

You let out a startled snort and brought your hand to your mouth to try to hide your laughter. The dwarf looked mortified, and the expression on his face, mixed with the ridiculousness of the situation made it even funnier. The door was slammed shut and Legolas turned to face you. You could see a white flash of teeth as you realised that he was smiling too.

"I swear to the Valar..." you muttered to yourslef. You were going to have to have a discussion with Gimli some time about personal space.

"Dwarves," he sighed, playing with the neckline of your dress and making your shudder at the contact, "They certainly know how to time things..."

You burst into laughter at that, and Legolas grinned mischievously, toying with a strand of hair that had come loose from your braid.

"Shall we continue...?"