Chapter 7

Hazelstar awoke, three days passed since Crystal's journey. She stood up, speaking to herself. "You'll return today, pretty she-cat, with an army," she growled.

            She padded outside, finding Shard sitting next to Snowflake. The two laughed, nuzzling each other. Hazelstar wanted to gag. Their wounds had not healed much, but they still continued to work well.

            "Hey, lovebirds!" she spat.

            Shard lifted his head.

            "Get to work!" she spat. Snowflake and Shard got up, heading over to Fire to get assigned to do something. The camp was almost complete, and soon, they'd have a nice refugee camp for those rogues who were not quite members, but would still fight for MoonClan.

            "Fire," Hazelstar spoke.

            The ginger tom turned, padding over to his leader. "What is it, Hazelstar?"

            "Has there been any news of Crystal?"

            Fire shook his head. "I wish."

            "That she-cat has got until sundown before I go after her and kill her," Hazelstar growled, continuing to pad away.

            "Hazelstar, wait!" Fire exclaimed.

            "What?!"

            "Maybe it'd be best to give Crystal a bit more time. She is traveling a long way after all to get members for your clan," Fire explained.

            Hazelstar immediately streaked her claws against his cheek. "Is this how you speak to your leader?! It is our clan, not my clan. I have given Crystal three days, and that is final. She did not seem to act like three days was too little time."

            "But what if she's running late because the cats won't cooperate?"

            "That's her problem," Hazelstar growled. "I have given her plenty of time already. Do not make me wish I hadn't appointed you deputy," Hazelstar said, tracing a claw against Fire's cheek. "Because if I do—,"

            She was cut off by a cry from Cliff.

            "What now?!" Hazelstar growled.

            The tom was cut up, bloody scratches covering his body. "There's a wild she-cat in the woods, Hazelstar! She attacked me the first moment she laid eyes on me."

            "Wild she-cat?" Hazelstar pondered for a moment. "Show me, Cliff."

            "She's dangerous, Hazelstar. I couldn't risk your life," he explained.

            "It'll be fine. Now show me where the 'wild she-cat' is, Cliff," she said.

            He nodded nervously, padding into the woods. He walked slowly, gazing around quickly around the woods like a coward. Even at the slightest movement, he jumped.

            "Get yourself together, rogue!" Hazelstar yowled. "A MoonClan cat has no fear."

            "What about now?" Cliff asked shakily. He pointed his shaky tail to a thin and lean she-cat stand on a rock. She was tall with dark brown fur and amber eyes. Immediately, Hazelstar recognized her.

            "Screechshade?"

            The she-cat sheathed her claws, then smiled. "Hazelnose, is that you?"