Epilogue

Hazelstar didn't like the Dark Forest. It was dark, cold, and wet, even worse than MoonClan. She knew she had deserved her punishment, and she knew she would never be in StarClan.

            She had awoken moments later, to find herself dead.

            "But I had five lives!" she argued with herself.

            How could a she-cat with such a bright pelt kill everyone?

            Because as soon as Hazelstar arrived, her clanmates did as well. Every cat who had been in that meadow who had possessed a certain evil had been killed. Even the rogues who had been fighting in the SnowClan camp had appeared, furious with Hazelstar.

            "It's your fault! Why didn't Moonstar tell you of that she-cat?!" they spat at her.

            Hazelstar would hide in the trees, her head buried in her paws. She didn't understand why they were so upset. It was Moonstar's fault. She had kept hidden the Shinypelt cat, never mentioning how she had been able to drive Moonstar away once before.

            Tigerstripe hadn't appeared with her, neither had Jetfur. In fact, none of the FoxClan cats had arrived. She had turned to the rogues she had assigned in anger, but they only shrunk down, amused. They'd been too busy fighting to realize the cats had been fighting with their clan.

            At least Hazelstar had seen Rockclaw again. She'd met him one day by the pond, confused as to why he'd appeared in the Dark Forest. He'd told her of the endless amount of she-cats he had become mates with and left, a truly evil act. When Hazelstar asked if he was going to leave her, he told her that he was going to if he had not died.

            So in only a few days, Hazelstar had lost her dignity, pride, mate, and authority. It was her fault, falling for Moonstar's plan.

            Moonstar had been vanished from eternity of course. Already being a dead cat, the blast from StarClan had caused her to disappear. At least she wouldn't be around to boss Hazestar anymore.

            So now, Hazelstar spent her days in the Dark Forest alone. She'd left the other clan cats a few days after the battle. She'd run into her father, Fang, talking to him for only a moment before she disappeared again.

            But here, at least she found peace and quiet. She supposed other cats were lying in a golden meadow in StarClan, feasting on divine rabbit. Here, she was lucky to catch so much as an ugly toad.

            As Hazelstar padded through thick swamps and green foliage, she sighed. She guessed it wasn't even fair to call herself Hazelstar anymore, and so from that moment on, she went back to being Hazelnose.

            Hazenose padded across slippery stone steps, glancing down at a darkened river that had been polluted.

            "What a dump," she muttered, sitting atop a dirt hill with not a single speck of living grass to be found.

            Hearing the sound of footsteps, she froze, wondering if one of her ex-clanmates had found her and was going to kill her.

            That was one thing Hazelnose was scared of. She was scared one of those cats would vanish her from all existence.

            She knew she would not be like Moonstar and use her powers of evil on the living, but still, she did not want to vanish.

            Hazelnose licked her paw, glancing into bushes, wondering if a cat were nearby. When she heard nothing, she relaxed, guessing it had been a branch falling.

            Then, suddenly, her heart began to pound heavily against her chest.

            From a green bush were a pair of red glowing eyes. Hazelnose could only get the she-cat's name out of her mouth by the time they disappeared.

            "Moonstar," she gasped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN! (No sequel, but there will be an explanation in the Author's Note)