Chapter 12

A few sunrises had passed since the killing of some rogues. Training had been going well, and all the cats had been cooperating. In the meantime, Hazelstar had been working out a strategy for capturing the FoxClan cats.

            From the information she had gathered, her brother had lots of kin. He was apparently alive with his mate, Hollybreeze. Though Hollybreeze had two kits, her son had passed away, leaving her and Chesnuttail's daughter, Rosecloud, still alive.

            Hazelstar's son, Treekit, Treestep now, was there as well. And he was Rosecloud's mate and the father to Rosecloud's three kits.

            But that wasn't all Chesnuttail's kin. Cloverpelt had kits as well-three to be exact. Some had passed, but Chesnutfang, the tom named after her brother, was alive. He had no mate or kits, so getting him would be easy.

            Also, Nightclaw, Hollybreeze's deceased son, had a mate named Lavenderwhisker with two kits. She would be capturing them as well. They all possessed precious MoonClan blood. Surely they would be good warriors.

            Also, Rain, now Rainwhisker, who was Ice's son and Fire's brother, was the medicine cat of FoxClan. She'd be taking him and Tooth and Leopardtail's son, Cloudfoot, who was a warrior.

            Hazelstar had thirteen cats to capture in a single night, and still, no sign of Tigerstripe and Jetfur. Where could her brother possibly be?

            "Hazelstar," Fire said.

            Hazelstar looked up, her thoughts fading away. "What is it?"

            "Just checking to make sure you don't need anything," Fire said.

            "Actually, I do need something. We need to assemble a plan to get these FoxClan cats, Fire."

            "Are you ready to begin the plan?"

            "Yes," Hazelstar told him. "I want to capture these cats tonight."

            "Tonight?!" Fire exclaimed.

            "Yes, tonight. We'll need about twenty cats, and some still have to stay here. We'll be taking some rogues, I imagine."

            "Well, who do you need, Hazelstar?"

            "I want you in charge of camp, Fire. You're the one I trust. I still want you to know the plan though. Maybe Shard, Ice, Screechshade."

            "Haven't you heard the news, Hazelstar?"

            "What news?" Hazelstar asked.

            "Screechshade is expecting Fang's kits."

            Hazelstar rolled her eyes. "Great," she murmured. "She still can prove to be a good warrior. Okay, here's what I want from you, Fire. I need you to go get Screechshade, Bloodfur, Bone, Fang, Snowflake, Peach, and Ice. That will leave you with some extra warriors."

            "But they're all rogues, Hazelstar."

            "Fine. Bone can stay with you."

            "Could Ice?"

            "Scared of the former deputy, are you?"

            "No, of course not," Fire argued.

            "Good. Tell Crystal to get the best and most loyal rogues. I need fourteen to be exact. Go now!"

            "Yes, Hazelstar!" Fire exclaimed, running off.