Author's Note

Dear Reader,

Wow, I had no idea this would get so much success. This book is even more popular than its predecessor Moonstar's Rise. (But I think that's probably because this book is written better and a bit more longer/complex).

First off, let me just say I love writing from an evil perspective. It's always a lot of fun writing from the viewpoint of a cat who is seeking vengeance in an evil way. But I really loved writing from Hazelstar more than Moonstar. Hazelstar was not so much evil, but confused. She was led to believe that in order to please her mother, she had to perform this dangerous task. Because of her and her mother's ignorance, this plan failed. I believe that Moonstar's ignorance is certainly a fatal flaw that is passed down to her daughter, Hazelstar.

I actually had  never planned to write  a sequel, but there were so many instances in role-playing that I had brought Moonstar back, I came up with the idea that MoonClan should return. It was only a thought at first, and I actually had planned to role-play this a year or so before I actually did. There was a lot of thought put into this.

I'm glad everyone was incredibly enthusiastic about this book. Still, I'm a little concerned about you guys saying you'd be great MoonClan warriors (you're not all evil, right? Just kidding haha). Thanks for all your comments and likes.

I know many of you expected a sequel, and that's what I'm here to talk about. This is the MoonClan series, and there are only two books. If you do not know already, my role-playing came to an end about a year ago, and I never planned to bring MoonClan back. It would just be the same plotline repeating over, I assume.

But in the epilogue, there is something that points to a sequel. Moonstar is still in the Dark Forest, and the powers of StarClan did not rid her. Why? Well, it's not a direct sequel, but my other Warriors novel Shining of the Four answers a lot of these questions. Shining of the Four follows the battle, focusing around the memory of Shinypelt. If you want to crave your Moonstar wanting, then I recommend this book for you! I think it's actually one of my, if not, best Warriors fanfic.

Thank you for all your support, guys! You're all amazing! Thanks for inspiring me to write these novels!

~Maeve