5: Regret

Draco's PoV

I saw Bella start to approach me. I can't talk or be friendly to her, or Pansy might hurt her. I need to protect her, but I've seemed to have hurt her anyway! I don't want to hurt her or see her upset over me. What if she never talks to me again?

"Hi Draco" Bella said with one her beautiful smiles, no Draco be strong. You have to protect her. "Don't ever call my Drakie by his first name. Don't even speak to him." Pansy yelled at Bella, I wanted to slap Pansy. She didn't have to be so nasty to her. "Come on Pansy let's leave this not worthy of being a pureblood alone. Why don't you go do what your best at; being lonely." I said regretting every word as I said it. I wanted to go back and erase it and tell her I didn't mean anything I said. I watched as a tear escaped her eye, she's crying because of me. Maybe she does care for me, I just ruined our chance at friendship. She doesn't deserve me, she's smart, talent, gentile, and nice. I'm nasty, cruel, and worthless. This was all to protect her.

"Looks the little girl is as weak as her dead father!" Pansy hissed. She didn't have to bring up the past. Now Bella was crying, I know how this must hurt her. She told me about everything, and how close they were. I felt the guilt wash over me. How I hated to see her cry, her beautiful face wet with tears. I hate Pansy this is all her fault, Bella will never talk to me again.

As minutes passed by she only seemed to cry harder. This is what I'm good at making people hate me, and hurting people. I felt like crying with her!

"Archer that proves you right for messing with the Slytherins. Don't ever talk to us again. Your just as pathetic as your dead father!" Pansy sneered. Bella got up off the floor, looking almost angry.

"Just leave me alone. Don't worry I won't ever cross your path! You were meant for each other both- heartless, and nasty people. Have a nice life together." Bella said and walked away. She was so hot standing up for herself. God I love her, wait love did I just say love. Oh no I'm not good for her, I just basically lost my chance with her!

I walked into the Great Hall, Pansy following along as usual! She's so annoying, I chuckled at the thought. Pansy looked at me, and then towards Bella. She turned towards me and snogged me, probably to make Bella feel worse. The kiss was awful, I pushed her off me! I sat down away from my friends, I looked over in Bella's direction. It looked like she was talking to the new girl, she looked better. There was still sadness in her eyes, caused by me. She seemed to be making a new friend, I was happy for her.
____________________________________________________________
3 Days Later
Bella's PoV

It has been 3 days since my embarrassing chat with Draco and Pansy. I've been avoiding both in halls and in class. Gina and I have became the best of friends, we are so alike. We spend a lot of time together at the library talking, or studying. One of our conversations led to me telling her about my little crush, and how he was a jerk. I haven't stayed in the common room since our hallway encounter. He's tried a few times to talk but I mostly ignore him and walk away.

He has no idea how hurt I was, he lied and I trusted him. I was so stupid, but I still fancy him a lot actually. Gina thinks it's love, I don't know. I thought about it but how can I love someone who hurt me so much! Anyways I was heading to meet Gina in the library.

I entered the library, and waved to Mrs. Pince the librarian. We have actually become friends she says I'm one of the few students who still appreciate books! Walking towards our usual spot I noticed Gina already there.

"Hey G! What's up?" I'm so happy to have a friend to talk to, shall I say best friend! "Hi Bella, nothing much this book is great though. Oh I almost forgot to tell you something super important" she said full of excitement, this has to be good. "Okay tell me, don't leave me hanging! Is this about a boy!"

"You know me so well. Of course it's about a boy. Okay so I was walking to my second class, Herbology.  Seamus Finnigan walked up to me, and asked me to wait for him after class! I of course said yes." Gina couldn't even stop smiling. I think I now where this is headed. "Go on." She continued, "Well I waited and he told me he thinks I'm very cute, and smart. Then he asked if I wanted to go with him on our next Hogmeade trip!" Now she has a huge smile from cheek to cheek! "Wow! I'm happy for you. Seamus is a really nice guy!" I was happy for her but a bit jealous.

"Wait Hogmeade trip. Draco and I were supposed to set one up. I guess I have to talk to him. When should I make it, this Saturday?" I can't believe I forgot, I'm usual on top of this stuff! Now when I get back to our room, I have to talk to him. "That sounds great! Bella relax just say you guys need to handle some head prefect stuff. Get the work done and you don't have to talk to him for another week." I kind of relaxed what if I wanted to talk to him. I'm going crazy! "G it's getting late we better get back to our rooms. Goodnight! See you tomorrow!" "Okay goodnight Bella!" With that they left the library and headed to their own rooms.

I said the password and entered the common room, to find Draco on the couch looking straight at me!
____________________________________________________________
I'm getting really into this story! Don't worry I'm going to start to mention more tradition Harry Potter characters! Maybe even the golden trio! Anyway, please leave a comment or a like!
- Julia