17: Change of Plans

Click Above To See Dresses! ⤴️

We walked into the Three Broomsticks and saw the whole group ordering Butterbeers. Astoria waved us over, we joined them in the big booth. Blaise came back with the Butterbeers.

"Okay so all the guys are going to get tuxedos and things for the ball, while the girls are going to get dresses, accessories, makeup, that sort of stuff. We can all meet back in the Slytherin common room." Astoria said. Everyone agreed and finished up their drinks. I noticed Draco was watching me, but I choose to ignore it.

I need to focus on me and not guys. But some where deep down in me, I wanted to run to Draco and never let him go. I pushed that thought aside and followed the girls to a small boutique.

I was never really into dresses or fancy things, but that changed looking into the shops window. I stopped to take in the beautiful sight that was those dresses. The pretty colors and sparkle that caught your eye when you walked by. I didn't realize how long I was admiring the dresses.

Gina shock me out of my daze. "I bet they look prettier inside!" She said sarcastically. My mom and I used to go around and look at all sorts of pretty dresses. I walked in and all the girls seemed to get the same feelings that hit me. Ohs and ahs filled the room, as we all looked around to see if anything catches our eye. All the girls went their separate ways to find the perfect dress.

Hermione walked over to me, "Hey Bella who is taking you to the ball since you and Draco aren't together?" She asked. I hate to admit it but I was going alone. "I'm going alone, but I'm fine with it. What about you, any special guy!?" I said smirking at you.

She started to blush. "Yeah Theodore Nott the Slytherin!" She said. I couldn't believe it Hermione Granger was going to the ball with a Slytherin. "Wow. How did Harry and Ron take it?" I asked curious to hear. "Well Harry took it well, but Ron on the other hand. He flipped he went on and on about how 'I've changed' and 'look what happened to Bella!'"

Even though Draco broke my heart doesn't mean all Slytherins will. I happen to think Theodore is very sweet. "Well good for you. Do you know who everyone else is going with?" I asked.

"Well it's Harry-Ginny, Luna-Neville, Astoria-Blaise, Gina-Seamus, Me-Theodore, and I actually don't know who Parkinson is going with!" She said calling over Astoria. I'm the only one with out a date. "Hey guys what's up?" Astoria said.

"Oh we were just wondering who Parkinson was going to the ball with." Hermione stated. "Well no one understands but she's telling everyone that she going with Ron! Can you believe it?" She said. Hermione was shocked, I wasn't surprised. They belong together two sneaky, mean, vicious people.

I turned around and a lady was putting a dress back on the rack. I ran over and grabbed it. It was simple yet gorgeous, and elegant. The dress was floor length, strapless, and red. A few of the girls were going to go try on their dresses for each other, so I went along.

I walked into the dressing room and slipped on the dress! It was prettier on me. "Bella come out so we can see!" I heard Ginny say. I opened the curtains.
"Wow Bella you look hot!" Astoria said. I laughed.

"Yeah, your beautiful." I heard an unfamiliar voice say. I turned to look who the voice came from. I was face to face with a guy with brown hair and blue eyes. I tripped and almost fell back, but he caught me effortlessly.

"I got you." He said with a sweet smile. "I'm Bella, and you are?" I manage to say. "I know your name. I'm Oliver." He replied. The girls all seemed to walk away from us. "Wait do you go to Hogwarts?" I asked curiously, I never noticed him before. "Actually yeah, I'm in Slytherin. Theodore Nott is my cousin." he said. He's really nice, and kind of cute. Why have I never noticed him.

"Thats weird I would have noticed you, but I never did." I said. "Well I never spent to much time socializing. Most of my time was in the common room or in the library." He said. Okay he's cute, a reader, and he's nice. I think I found a date to the ball.

"Are you going to the Yule Ball?" I asked. "I am, and I can assume that you are too! Would you like to be my date?" He asked, chuckling. Change of plans I'm not going alone!

"I would love to. Oh let me go get out of this dress, and maybe we can go walk around. Get to know each other." I suggested. "That would be great. I'll wait for you outside." He said walking out.

I got into the dressing room and took off the dress. I changed back into my clothes. Astoria was outside the room waiting for me. "So you and Oliver?" she said smirking. I blushed. "Yeah I guess, did you find a dress?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Yeah its gorgeous. Your buying that red dress right? He looked so good in it." She said. "Yeah I'm buying it. When are you guys going to buy makeup?" I asked. "You have time go hang out with Oliver." She said winking.

I quickly bought the dress and headed out to find Oliver. He was sitting outside the store on a bench. He got up when he saw me. "So where are we off too?" he said. "How about some ice-cream?" I said he started to laugh. "In December?" He asked. "Yep, thats the best time to have it!" I said. "All rightly then. To Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour." He said grabbing my hand.

"So tell me about you?" He asked as we walked down the pretty streets. "Well I'm in Gryffindor, I like to read-" He cut me off. "No I mean like what are you talented in, your favorite subject, or what you want to do when you graduate." He added. He actually wants to hear about me. "Well my favorite subject is Charms. I want to work in the ministry of magic once I graduate." I answered. "Nice your a go getter. I like that in a girl. Any talents?" He asked. I blushed at his comment. "I'm not sure. I can dance." I said a bit embarrassed.

"Well I guess I get to see that at the ball." He said opening the door for me. We walked into the ice-cream parlor. "What can I get you?" An older lady asked as we approached the front. "Well take two Butterbeer ice-creams. Please." Oliver said. He turned to me, "Thanks Oliver."

"You can call me Oli." He said grabbing our ice creams and leading me to a table. I looked outside to see Draco glaring at Oliver. I brushed it and turned back to him.

We chatted and laughed for almost an hour. We finished up and he walked me to where I was meeting the girls. "Thank you Oli. I had a great time." I said. "I did too, I guess I'll see you in school." He said giving me a small kiss on the lips.
___________________________________
Wow, turn of events. What do you think about Oliver?! I didn't expect that turn of events. I don't plan what I write, I just start and see where it heads! Hope you enjoyed!
Please like, comment, and follow.

Oh and thank you guys so much for 500 reads!! I really appreciate it!
~Julia