TWO

"the send-off"

"At this point, we're questioning persons of interest," the chief of police said as he stood on the podium. The next day, a press conference was opened and the group of friends were watching it on Minhyuk's laptop that morning. "And we're looking for Mr. Byun's ex-boyfriend, Oh Sehun. If anyone has information about his whereabouts, please call the hotline number on the screen. Thank you."

The group was silent. Minhyuk closed his laptop. "So, Sehun did it? For real?" He asked, looking at his friends for their reactions and opinions.

"Kihyun's mom worked on the scene," Chanyeol brought up. "Tell us what you heard."

Their eyes shifted to the smaller. "A neighbor saw Sehun's car parked out front around the time Baekhyun was killed," Kihyun explained. "There was no sign of forced entry, and his fingerprints were found on a glass in the kitchen. Now his foster parents can't find him. Nobody can."

The group of friends were quiet for a moment, trying to take everything in. Was it possible Sehun killed Baekhyun? If yes, then what was the motive? Are the killings coming back? "When he dated Baekhyun, they were always at each other's throats," Jackson said. "How could he do that?"

Hyungwon released a deep breath. "Do you think one keg is going to be enough?" He asked and they all turn to him.

"Do you think a party's a good idea tonight, Hyungwon?" Kihyun asked, clearly in shock at the younger's random question.

Hyungwon rolled his eyes. "It's a prayer vigil. People in mourning get thirsty." He defended and looked back down at his iPad.

"So, um, Kihyun," Hoseok gets his attention. "Your mom's tight with the police right? Do you know if they went through Baekhyun's laptop?"

"My mom just handles the autopsy."

"I can't believe Baekhyun's just a body now." Minhyuk muttered.

"It kind of always was just a body," Hoseok said, gathering their attention. "But top-shelf all the way."

"Hey, have respect." Mark told him.

"I have extreme respect," he said back. "Just like the rest of the basketball team, the football team, the lacrosse team—"

"Okay, that's enough," Jackson interrupted. "And I'm sure the police are going to question every single one of them."

"Where were you Monday night, Hoseok?" Hyungwon asked.

"I was with Chanyeol and Jackson. Up to no good."

Kihyun turned to Chanyeol with a frown. "But you told me your phone died and you were stranded."

A silence ensued among the friends. 

"I was. Hoseok picked me up." Kihyun looked at him, unsure whether he was telling the truth. "Forget it. We don't need to worry about this anymore."'

Chanyeol placed his arm around Kihyun, who was still deep in thought. He sighed to himself and looked around. He noticed Changkyun walking, almost making it past them. 

Kihyun looked back at his friends. "Hey, I'll be right back." He interrupted the conversation. Chanyeol frowned at him as Kihyun got up from the grass. 

"Hey, Changkyun." Kihyun called as soon as he stood in front of the younger. 

Changkyun only frowned at him. "Hi... Kihyun..." He said back, wondering why he is talking to him.

"Uh... do you want to come to a party tonight?" Kihyun asked and Changkyun raised his eyebrows. "Hyungwon's having a send off for Baekhyun with booze. An Irish wake kind of thing."