THREE

"the parking lot"

Kihyun walked furiously inside the greenhouse. He needed a moment away from the party and his friends and Chanyeol. How stupid he was to not able to connect the dots sooner. He couldn't believe that Chanyeol and Baekhyun faced him without shame at the time.

Not like he expected any better from Baekhyun, he knew how he was, but he was just angry at the fact Baekhyun probably didn't feel sorry. He could have been laughing when he turned his back on him, probably even mocking him. 

Once again, he became a victim of one of Baekhyun's games. But this time, he didn't know he fell into it.

Kihyun came across Hyunwoo, who looked up when he heard Kihyun coming in.

"Oh. Sorry." Kihyun apologized. He was about to turn around to leave when he heard the taller's voice. 

"Oh, no. You're— you're okay. Come on in." Hyunwoo said.

"You look like you want to be alone." Kihyun said

"For you, I'll make an exception." 

"Great." Kihyun forced a smile before he slowly walked further inside the greenhouse.

Hyunwoo noticed the upset look on his face and handed one of the extra bottles of beer he had with him to Kihyun.

"You okay?" He asked as soon as Kihyun gladly accepted the bottle. 

Kihyun shook his head. "I feel so stupid. I just..." He took a deep breath. "I keep thinking that people are good deep down. Honest, whatever." 

"You're in high school. You know that, right?" Hyunwoo said.

Kihyun still looked dissatisfied and just opened the beer, taking a full swing. It didn't help and there was no excuse for what Chanyeol and Baekhyun had done. It didn't matter if they were teenagers. Other things he can look past, but this, no, this was another level of betrayal.

He looked over to the other male, who also took sips of his beer. Kihyun began to wonder about him. After all, he was new. 

"What are you doing here?" Kihyun asked after a moment. 

"I'm avoiding Hyungwon." 

"Okay." Kihyun chuckled. "But I mean, why did you move here?" 

"My mom and step-dad died six weeks ago in a car accident." Hyunwoo explained. "So, living with my real dad seems marginally better than a state home." 

"I'm so sorry." 

"Guess we all have our problems." Hyunwoo said. "But, hey, you seem to have it all together. Perfect life." 

"Yeah." Kihyun chuckled bitterly. "My perfect boyfriend slept with the deceased." 

"Necrophilia's a problem."

"Yeah." Kihyun nodded. It took a few seconds for the words to register in his brain. "Wow. You have a dark mind." 

"Oh, you have no idea." Hyunwoo said as he stepped closer to him.

Kihyun blinked at the sudden action and then cleared his throat. "I, uh, I should get back to my friends." He said, and put the beer down. 

"Do you even like them?" Hyunwoo asked.

"What?" Kihyun frowned. "I mean... Are you supposed to like your friends in high school?" 

"I hope so. I could use one." Hyunwoo says deeply. "So, what's the perfect boy's response?"

Kihyun's tipsy. Tired of the being the good boy. Impulsively, he kisses Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo hesitates... then kisses him back.