TEN

"the vigil"

Kihyun walked down the hallways at school the next morning. He senses the stares and the whispers as he keeps his head down.

"Kihyun!"

The smaller turns around as he heard Mark calling him, accompanied by Hyungwon and Jackson.

"Hey. Don't listen to them." Hyungwon says, running up to his side. He pats him in the shoulder comforting.

"I know. I just feel so exposed." Kihyun says.

"This is the most embarrassing thing you'll face," Jackson says as they walk together. "That which doesn't destroy us, makes us stronger."

"Yeah, or it just takes its sweet time destroying us." Mark says.

As they stop by Mark's locker, Chanyeol was already making his way towards them. 

"Ki." He calls over. "Why didn't you call me back?" 

"Seriously? How could you film us?" Kihyun scoffed and began to walk away but Chanyeol held him back. 

"Whoa, hey. No, Ki, I didn't. I swear." Chanyeol says.

But Kihyun wasn't believing his words. 

"If you didn't do it, then how does it exist?" Kihyun crossed his arms, wanting to see how will the older be able to answer that question.

Chanyeol was speechless. No other peep came out from him and he sure was thinking of a way to answer. But Kihyun knew that there was no excuse for the video. 

Chanyeol grabbed his arm gently and pulled him over to a row of lockers. 

"Stop." Kihyun said quietly, pulling his arm away. 

"Look, I don't know." He said. "This sounds like something Hoseok would do."

Kihyun only scoffed. So, it's Hoseok's fault? Seriously?

"No way, because I'd kill him if he did." Hyungwon said, walking past them. 

"This is a nightmare." Kihyun told Chanyeol right before heading towards his locker. 

Everything was so disappointing. He was humiliated with that video that he didn't even knew existed. He really was disappointed that Chanyeol would film them doing something so private. How can he ever trust him? Has he ever felt any regret? Sure, he forgave him for sleeping with Baekhyun— kind of. They didn't get back together. But this? This was different.

Kihyun still sensed the giggles and the stares as he opened his locker. While grabbing his stuff, his phone rang.

Unknown

Kihyun looked around the hallways, wondering which one of them was the one calling him before answering the call. 

"Hello, Kihyun." He hears that distorted voice. "How's it feel to be the star of the show?" 

Kihyun turned back around and sees a picture from the video, plastered right against the wall of his locker. 

JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER