FIVE

"the sole survivor"

Jooheon walked inside the school office and sat down next to Changkyun, who stared blankly at his hands.

"Hey, you, you going home?" He asked softly.

"Uh, my dad's coming to pick me up." Changkyun said. "I am officially distraught."

"Right. Um..." Jooheon sighed. "I'm sorry about Jungwoo."

"Yeah, well, it's not like we were going to get married anyway. His Catholic family wasn't even going to allow it." Changkyun said, which made Jooheon chuckle.

"Is it because you're atheist or gay?"

"Probably both."

They both smile slightly for a moment. Jooheon placed his arm around his best friend comforting, and Changkyun leaned in on his shoulder. The two sat there for a minute.

After a while, Jooheon stood up as he had to go to lunch. He hugged Changkyun one last time before he walked out of the office and to the hallway.

Jooheon began to make his way to the courtyard. He then saw Minhyuk at the other side, who looked down at his feet as he walked. Jooheon decided to approach him as he also realized that Baekhyun's murder GIF might have taken a toll on him.

"Uh, hey, Minhyuk, wait up." Jooheon called as soon as he was closer to him. The other turned around.

"Hey." Minhyuk greeted, slowing down. 

"Uh, about the GIF." Jooheon began saying as he was finally in front of Minhyuk, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "Just wanted to make sure you were okay." 

Minhyuk broke into a shy smile and nodded. "Yeah, I'm just a little freaked out by it all." He said.  

"Kind of hard to concentrate on computer science with a deranged killer on the loose." Jooheon added.

"Tell me about it." Minhyuk agreed. "Mid-term projects are coming up, and I haven't decided on my concept." 

"You know, I'm actually done with mine, if you need a hand."

"Oh, what're you doing?" Minhyuk asked.

"Uh, it's this app that links into any available downtime at the Canberra DSS satellite array." Jooheon begins to explain. "Basically, lets you tool around the universe from any mobile device, see the stars."

"Cool." Minhyuk commented and lowered his voice. "But if you wanna stargaze... maybe you should go outside. Lie down on the grass... look up. That's another way to go." Minhyuk smiled slightly. "If you wanna try it sometime."

Jooheon blinked and after a few seconds, he realized what Minhyuk had meanr. "Oh, so like a you and me thing?" He said after a while. Minhyuk only looked down in shyness. "Uh... that sounds... Hmm..." 

Jooheon had no idea how to respond, and he didn't think that anything would escalate between them. Minhyuk, disappointed in his response, frowned and nodded slowly.

"I'll see you later." Minhyuk said before walking away.

"Okay, see you later!" Jooheon called after him. His smile falls and he sighed to himself. "I have zero game."