TWENTY

"the reveal"

"Are you sure this is where the signal's coming from?" Kihyun asked Jooheon. They finally arrived at Hyungwon's house.

"I'm pretty sure." Jooheon said.

There was a vehicle parked ahead and they see the driver's door opened. The two looked at each other and as soon as Jooheon finally set his car to park, they quickly get out. Jooheon grabbed the crowbar he had in the backseat and followed Kihyun over to check on the car.

"It's Taeil." Kihyun said, as there was his phone and the now-broken specs that the older often wore in a small pool of blood on the ground.

"I'm gonna throw up." Jooheon said, referring to the blood that was splattered on the side of the car. 

"Come on. Let's check the house." Kihyun said. The two began to make their way to the entrance of the mansion.

"Kihyun!"

Jooheon screamed and hid behind Kihyun. The two look to see that it was Jackson. "Oh my God!" Jooheon fixed his posture, clearly not happy that the older got him into a jump scare.

"Jackson, what's going on?" Kihyun began asking.

"There's a dead body." Jackson answered.

"Who?" Jooheon asked.

"I don't know." Jackson sighed. "I was with Mark and Changkyun. Everyone ran away as soon as they found the body."

"Where are they?"

"Well, God knows where the hell they went 'cause I was supposed to meet them here." Jackson said "I separated to look for Hoseok but no sign of him as well." 

The three then hear some rustling and turn to the sound. They immediately go quiet. Kihyun snatched the crowbar from Jooheon's hands and slowly walked towards  it. Jackson held his breath in fear, meanwhile you could hear Jooheon's heavy breathing as he awaits the killer's appearance.

The suspense lasted for a while, when the figure finally appeared. The three jump back as they see Hyunwoo...

...who was pointing at them with a gun.

Hyunwoo blinked at the three and immediately lowered the weapon.

"Kihyun, it's me." He said. "Relax."

"Holding a gun." Jooheon pointed out.

"Just breathe."

But Kihyun wasn't going to give in that easily. He watched as Hyunwoo put the gun away.

"Why didn't you call me back?" Kihyun asked, frowning at the older.

"Well, I didn't feel much like talking after you accused me of murder." Hyunwoo said. "You wanna put that down now?"

"No, we don't actually want to." Jooheon answered instead.

Kihyun still grasped the crowbar tigtly as he still thought on what to ask Hyunwoo, especially with the current situation they're in.

"What are you doing here?"

"You texted me to meet you."

"No, I didn't."

"Well, I didn't send this to myself." Hyunwoo said and grabbed his phone from his pocket. As soon as he opened up the text, he held his phone for Kihyun to see.

"Unless you did. To convince you he's trustworthy because he's the one controlling the malware." Jooheon said.

"What happened to Taeil?" Kihyun asked.