EIGHTEEN

"the hidden camera"

"Any luck?" Jooheon asked his best friend who was laying on the couch with his laptop. That night, they were both at the gaming shop as they needed someplace for the two to do their own investigation.

"Maybe." Changkyun sighed.

"Listening."

"Okay, so Jungwoo practically lived with his camera. I mean, he documented everything." Changkyun began.

"Coming from you, that's kind of scary." Jooheon said, receiving a glare from Changkyun.

"When I was trying to make his memorial video, I went to access his video files, but they'd all been wiped from his computer."

"Interesting. Kinda like how Baekhyun's spy-cam network just up and disappeared." Jooheon said and then paused when he realized what his best friend might be implying. "You think Jungwoo might have caught Jaebeom doing something on tape?"

"Well, I mean, it might explain why he made it look like a suicide."

"Wasn't part of the plan. It was cleaning up loose ends." Jooheon added. "But if all the footage was deleted—"

"Jungwoo backed everything up to the cloud." Changkyun sat up on the couch. "And I have the password."

Changkyun turned his attention back to his laptop. Jooheon released a sigh.

"Time for a raw footage film festival." He muttered. "Yay."

Hoseok knocked on the door of the guest room and opened it.

"Picked up your Porsche for you. No scratches, no minor tread wear." Hoseok said, tossed the keys to Hyungwon.

The younger did not respond as he was sitting on his bed, looking at his laptop. Hoseok frowned at the silence but shrugged it off. He looked over and saw Hyungwon's Halloween costume draped over the chair.

"Oh. What do we have here?" Hoseok walked over to take a closer look.

"Well, we have a pervert who was watching me undress on my webcam." Hyungwon finally spoke.

"What?" Hoseok turned around and saw Hyungwon's frown. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, the light just turned on all by itself." Hyungwon nodded and shut his laptop close. "Was it you?"

"No. The network's shut down, remember?" Hoseok said.

"Yeah, well, someone was watching me." Hyungwon scoffed. "And considering Jaebeom is behind bars, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him."

"God, why do you keep defending him?" Hoseok asked, the annoyance in his tone heard very clear. He had enough about hearing the younger keep on blabbing about the man, especially defending him now after everything that happened.

"Because everyone is making him out to be some sort of monster." Hyungwon replied.

"Yeah, and maybe he is."

"I don't believe that."

"And how do you know?" Hoseok asked back. "You still think you're the apex predator." 

"Sometimes you have to have faith in people." 

"Yeah, and that is really working out for you and the fam, right?" 

Hyungwon stopped and blinked at the words that came out of the older's mouth. Hoseok immediately regrets what he said. Hyungwon sighed and slid from the bed.