SEVEN

"the game"

Warning: the following chapter contains sensitive content, read at your own risk

"Halloween night, 2004 was a bitch for Luna Park and Kim Youngbin, victims one and two." Jooheon said as he sat on the couch at The Grindhouse that morning with Taeil. "Of course, no one knows exactly what their last words were. Except maybe Jung Hyunbin."

"So, Lee Jooheon," Taeil began as he was writing down on his notepad. "Do you think that Jung Hyunbin just snapped that night?"

"Nobody just snaps." Jooheon said, making the older cock his head. "I mean, a bomb doesn't become a bomb when the wick is lit."

Taeil leaned over to the coffee table and slid the picture of the GIF. "So if Oh Sehun is behind the mask in the GIF, is this an homage?" He asked.

"In my humble opinion, nobody puts on a mask and commits a murder like that just once." Jooheon said. "The real question is, who's next?"

"So we are officially dealing with another possible murder."

Is what Kihyun heard as soon as he opened the door to the morgue. The boy frowned and didn't enter the room. Instead, he hid behind and listened.

"I was up all night finishing the autopsy." He heard his mom say. "The ligature marks, dislocated vertebrae, crushed larynx... You don't see this kind of trauma hanging yourself from an eight-foot-high ceiling fan."

Oh, my God. Jungwoo was murdered? Kihyun couldn't contain his shock. It was still terrible, but who could've done such a thing?

"So someone staged his body to look like a suicide." The Chief said. "Why would they do that?"

"Wish I knew."

"Jungwoo's wake's today. Let his family have a day to mourn." The older man sighed. "Tomorrow, I'll open a murder investigation."

"A mother's worst nightmare." Minseo sighed, feeling gloomy about her own findings.

She walked over to her desk, finishing up writing down her notes of the autopsy.

"Any more packages arrive at your door?" Chief Sohn asked. Kihyun frowned at the question.

"Not since the heart." His mom said. What heart? "Which I can't stop thinking about."

"I'm still trying to locate your ex." The Chief said.

What the hell? Why is he looking for his Dad?

"Have you told Kihyun?"

"No, maybe I should." His mom said. "I'm trying to protect him. He's dealing with enough. And it'll bring up questions about my past that I just can't answer."

What questions about her past? Kihyun decided to leave. Maybe they were right. His mom was definitely hiding something, lying to him. But why? And what?

Kihyun's phone vibrated and he looked at the text.

Unknown
Good morning, sunshine. You & Mom have a heart to heart yet?
Sent 12:18 pm

His hand slowly pulled down the red-wine, silk robe off his shoulder, showing off his milky white skin. He turned his head slightly, showing only the left side of his face to give a desirable look. He moved his body sensually and turned back around.

He immediately stopped and broke into a laugh. This was ridiculous.

"I'm sorry," Hyungwon said and turned around to his laptop, Jaebeom on the screen. "but cyber-sex is not what I had in mind when I told you to grow a pair."