FOURTEEN

"the bowling alley"

"I just had a thought." Hoseok says as he and Hyungwon walk side-by-side towards another entrance of the building.

"Your mom would be so proud." Hyungwon jokes.

"We're out here in the middle of nowhere, and we don't even know what we're walking into." Hoseok began. "All because Nerd HQ led us here?"

Hyungwon stopped walking and frowned at the older. "What are you saying, Jooheon's the killer?" He asks.

Hoseok also stops walking and looks back at his best friend. "I'm just saying, on every cop show, there's always that one harmless guy and it's usually the vic's roommate or her manager at the coffee shop that's like, 'Susie's dead? That's horrible!'" He explains and began to walk again.

"Did you know that you sound like him right now?" Hyungwon commented.

"Nine times out of 10, that guy's the killer." Hoseok finished, standing in front of the door. "And he's usually sweet and funny and uber smart."

"Well, that takes you off the table." The taller snorts

"Or does it?" Hoseok says and pull the door open but it wouldn't budge. Hoseok frowns and started trying to pull the door. Hyungwon stares at him as he still struggles to open it.

Sighing, the younger finds some old wood on the ground and picks it up. Hoseok was now using the strength of his legs to help pull it open.

"Let me do it." Hyungwon pulled him back by his shoulder and banged the wood on the old, dusty doorknob. It took him a few more hits to prop it open.

Hoseok raised his eyebrows. "Nice one." He comments.

"I just have a brain." Hyungwon says right before he walks inside.

"Okay." Hoseok chuckles and follows him.

The two look around the dark place as the door shut behind them. Both look back in surprise. "Totally not creepy. At all." Hoseok says.

Hyungwon turns on the flashlight that Jackson lend him and they began walking carefully. But the light still didn't help that much as they had no idea where they were.

"What is this place?" Hoseok asks.

"I don't know. It's not a happy place." Hyungwon answers.

"Hello? Chanyeol?" Hoseok called out in the dark. Hyungwon hits him as in saying to shut the hell up.

The two still walk around, trying to figure out the mysterious place. They weren't very pleased to be inside the building and wanted to find out so they can at least ease their beating hearts.

"It's a bowling alley." Hyungwon says after a while.

"Whoa, that is the most mack daddy jaguar-and-space-shuttle mural I've ever seen." Hoseok gasps.

"Hoseok?" Hyungwon turns around and sees the older awe-ing at the mural. He only groans and grabs his hand. "Come on!"

"You can't rush the Lee Hoseok." He tells him. Hyungwon punches him in the stomach which the other winced in response. "Your fists are like little ball-peen hammers."

"Thanks for waiting up." Hyungwon says as soon as they reached the four, who were still busy looking around.

"It smells like wet dog and car wax. Yummy." Mark comments sarcastically.

"Whoa!" Jooheon screams. All of them look back at the sound, seeing a bowling ball rolling down on one of the lanes. 

"Well, that was terrifying." Jackson says, quickly adjusting his posture since he hid behind Mark. "God, I hate bowling."