SIX

"the entry"

"This is odd."

Kihyun knocked on the door of his mother's office in the police station that Saturday morning. He opened the door slowly and peaked his head in and his mom looked up, and took off her gloves and recording device.

"Hey," Kihyun greeted his mom as he walked inside. "I figured you could use some caffeine."

His mom walked towards him and took the coffee. "Look, honey, I don't usually mind you visiting me at work, but this one's a little disturbing." She said with a soft tone.

Kihyun managed to still see who it was before his mom blocked his view. "Is that Kim Jungwoo?" He asked and then he saw his forearm, which was covered with scars. "He was a cutter?"

"Yeah, he had some issues with depression." Minseo said quietly.

"Yeah, Changkyun knew him. They were close." Kihyun said as the guilt built up inside him. He didn't know it was this bad and now he felt like an asshole.

"Jungwoo's mom mentioned something about a cyber-bullying video." His mom then said. "Was Changkyun the one Jungwoo was kissing?"

"Yeah." Kihyun nodded. And then the sobs started to leave his lips. He couldn't contain it anymore as Jungwoo's body was right there, not too far for him. For some reason, Kihyun felt the need to let it out. To at least, even if he couldn't, have Jungwoo hear him take responsibility. "Baekhyun was the one who filmed them."

Minseo blinked in shock as she didn't expect her son to tell her this type of news.

"I was there. I let it happen." Kihyun then confessed.

"What?" Minseo said. She then looked back at Jungwoo's body. "Kihyun!"

Kihyun can tell from her expression that she was disappointed in him, which just made him feel worse. And she was right to feel that way towards him as much as it hurt. Because Kihyun knew that it was already too late for him to do anything. The tears began to form in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said right before he turned around and walked out.

"Hey, you sure you're up for filming game highlights?" Jooheon said as he and Changkyun walked in the dark hallways to Changkyun's locker.

"I need the distraction." Changkyun said, focusing on his camera.

Jooheon leaned back on the row of lockers. "So, Minhyuk still hasn't texted me back." He sighed. "I went full geek, with the stargazing app, right? Gosh, I wish there was, like, a line on a gauge somewhere."

Changkyun doesn't say anything as he finally opened his locker. Jooheon took a moment to think about another topic that would make his best friend talk. He then remembered last night's video.

"Your video tribute was beautifully edited, as expected." Jooheon said softly. Changkyun paused for a moment when he realized what video he was referring to.

Kim Jungwoo. You'll always be beautiful.

Changkyun made a video for Jungwoo last night. Gathering clips and pictures that he had of Jungwoo. It took him a while since he had trouble retrieving a few, but he made it. And he was proud of it.

"It took me the whole night to finish it." Changkyun then said, and continued gathering his equipment. "Have to schedule an eye exam to see if maybe the blue light from my computer damaged my vision."

"Blue light glasses exist." Jooheon said.

"Ah, yes," Changkyun chuckled. "I am ready for my 70s."

Jooheon's phone dings with a new notification and a smile formed on his face.