NINETEEN

"the horror show"

"Mom? What's going on?" Kihyun rushed to his mother. Everyone in the venue were still freaking out on the Chief being in a critical state.

His mom ended the call and she finally faced him.

"Im Jaebeom escaped. There's an officer dead on the scene." She explained, with obvious fear on her face.

"Oh, my God."

"They think the crime scene looks staged." She said and placed her phone back in her pocket. "Stay here, okay?" 

"Mom, I'm coming with you." Kihyun said, following his mom. 

"No. You stay here, okay?" She tells him. "You're safer here with the police." 

Kihyun couldn't say anything else since his mom walked away.  He sighed and turned back around, looking at the projector screen once again. This really cannot be happening right now.

Taeil walked over to him.

"Kihyun, is your mom okay?" Taeil asked softly.

"No, she's definitely not okay." Kihyun shook his head. "Why would Mr. Im do this?"

"Maybe to get the police distracted looking for the Chief instead of looking for him." Taeil guessed as he pulled out his phone. He began to quickly type something. "I'm gonna go to the station and see what I can find out." He looked up at the younger. "Be careful. And don't trust anyone."

Kihyun didn't feel any better as soon as Taeil walked past him. He hoped both him and his mom would be alright. Kihyun pulled his phone out and immediately dialed Hyunwoo.

"Hyunwoo, leave a message."

"Hyunwoo, uh, I don't know if you know, but Im escaped, and your dad's in trouble." Kihyun said. "Look, I don't know what to believe. Just please call me back, okay?"

Kihyun hung up and sighed. He turned around and from a distance he saw Jooheon sitting down, his eyes focused on his tablet. He quickly walked over.

"Jooheon, I just heard that Im's—"

"Yeah, I heard." Jooheon interrupted him. "One of those rare moments where I hate being right."

"We have to find the Chief."

"I think I can help with that." Jooheon said. "Whoever hacked the big screen is sending a live signal through my AV system." 

"Can you trace it?" Kihyun asked.

"I'm working on it." Jooheon sighed and then looked up at Kihyun. "Hey, have you heard from Hyungwon or Mark?"

"No."

"'Cause I can't reach Changkyun." Jooheon continued. "They may not even know what's going on." 

Kihyun tried not to panic and grabbed his phone once again. He began to text his friends. Hyungwon. Mark. Hoseok. Jackson. Continuously switching back and forth but no answer. None of the four. Nothing on read. Just on delivered.

"They're not answering." He sighed in frustration after a while. "Why aren't they answering?" 

Suddenly, his phone rang. Unknown. Jooheon looked over, seeing the caller ID on the older's phone. Kihyun walked away and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Kihyun. Enjoying the dance?" They say.

"Let him go, okay? This is about you and me." Kihyun said with a hard tone.