ELEVEN

"the webcams"

"What part of skinny iced macchiato, don't you understand?" Hyungwon snapped at the barista as he slides the medium sized drink.

"Okay. I think you've had enough." Hoseok says as he puts his arm around the younger. He looks back at the barista with a smile. "I'll have a large cup of coffee and a cup of ice on his tab."

"Okay."

Hyungwon rolled his eyes and walked away.

Few minutes later, Hoseok and Hyungwon were found sitting together quietly. Only the sounds of Hoseok plopping down each ice cube on the coffee. Hyungwon just watched but it was now taking him, like, decades.

"You know you could just order iced coffee, right?" Hyungwon spoke up after having enough.

Hoseok looks up with a smirk. "I like torturing the ice." Hyungwon sighed. Hoseok poured the coffee on the cup of ice and turns to Hyungwon. "So, what brings you to the verge of full Chihuahua? Is it the whole self-improvement thing? Hyungwon 2.0? Less bitchy, more truthy? Come on, tell Hoseok."

"Someone has got to tell Kihyun what really happened freshman year." Hyungwon slipped out, as he has been holding to these thoughts since yesterday.

"You can't do that to Chanyeol." Hoseok says. "Trust me, he's at a breaking point."

"Yeah? Well, that's his problem."

"No. You gotta warn a brother."

"Yeah? Well, okay." Hyungwon exhaled and covered his face in frustration. He didn't know what to do exactly and he really wanted to let his friend know. After a while of thinking, he placed his palms on the table, "Look, I cannot just keep lying to Kihyun."

"Lying to me about what?" The two look up and see Kihyun frowning, a pot of coffee in his hand.

Hoseok turned to his best friend. "Do what you gotta do." He told him before standing up and leaving.

Hyungwon sighed and looked back up to Kihyun. He pats the table as in saying to sit down across him. Kihyun, still confused, sat down on the chair and waited to hear what his friend had to say.

"Okay. So before I say what I have to say, how hot is your coffee?" Hyungwon asked his friend.

Kihyun frowns and touches the side of the pot. "Uh, well, it's coffee, so it's hot." He makes a guess.

Hyungwon plastered a nervous smile on his face and Kihyun was still not understanding why he was acting like this. He was now growing more curious about what his friend had to say. 

"Okay, so freshman year!" Hyungwon clasped both his hands together, trying to mask his nervousness. "Before we were friends, you were this pristine Pollyanna type... and Baekhyun thought you needed to be taken down a peg." 

Pristine Pollyanna type? Kihyun released a scoff. Was that suppose to be insult and a compliment? So what if he was positive and cheerful on his freshman year, all smiley and kind? And what the hell did Hyungwon mean by Baekhyun wanting to 'take him down a peg'?

As if listening to his thoughts, Hyungwon began revealing the horrible secret, his voice now serious. "So, one day at lunch... Chanyeol said he thought you were cute..." Hyungwon looked down at his hands, too guilty to look at the older's eyes.  "And so Baekhyun bet him that he couldn't sleep with you inside of a month...."