:Chapter 13 ~ New Traditions & Texting:

A/N - Yeah, yeah, I haven't updated in like a month, and so, you wanna kill me, but I'M RUNNING NINE STORIES AT A TIME WHILE CHECKING EVERY SINGLE COMMENT! Plus, this is the last thing I'll post before going onto complete holiday hiatus mode. CONSIDER YOURSELVES LUCKY!

Third Person's PoV

"NO!" Ben pummeled his fist onto the table, fuming, as his beast instincts took over. "MOM, YOU CAN'T BE WITH-"

"Ben, sweetie, I'm sorry, but-"

"PLEASE! AREN'T YOU AT LEAST SENSIBLE ENOUGH TO SEE THAT- YOU KNOW WHAT, FORGET IT!" Auradon's king stomped out of the room.

---

"But sire, it's a new tradition," Lumiere commented. "Your mother and father didn't follow the rules, and so they will have to make it up by starting it with you."

Ben was doing a speech in the Snow White kingdom, and was getting his suits measured and ready.

"I don't see the point of doing it, though!" protested Ben.

"For now, just SIT STILL SO WE CAN DO THIS RIGHT!" Mrs. Pots snapped as she lightly slapped him with a tape measurer.

Ben flinched and sat still.

Ben's PoV

Tic. Tock. Tic. Tock. I could hear every movement of the clock hand as I sat there, pondering what my parents had said.. Their words still rung in my ears. Every now and then, my reverie was interrupted by the occasional flick of the tape measurer or the scratching of a pencil on paper. The servants moved back and forth, grabbing fabrics, cutting, chatting, and stitching as I sat there, doing absolutely nothing. I had nothing better to do, so I started texting Mal.

B: Hey
M: Hi what's up?
B: Doing absolutely nothing in the castle
M: R u sure? U might be sitting on a chair, sitting still as u txt me
B: ...I'm doing exactly that..
M: And I totally didn't use Evie's mirror to do that
B: ....
M: Okay, jeez! I'm not that stalkerish.
B: Okay..? I gtg bye 😘
(Hey, this isn't called a #bal story for nothing)

--User Ben Has Gone Offline--

I checked the clock. Still bored..

--User Ben is Back Online--

(Group Chat -- Ch=Chad; D=Doug; J=Jay; Cr=Carlos; F=Felix; H=Harrison)

B: Hi
F: Hey
Cr: What's up
D: Hi
J: Hi
Ch: How are you gorgeous?
Ch: Wait, wrong chat.

--User Chad Has Left the Conversation--

B: Uh...
Cr: Can we pretend that didn't just happen?
F: Please
D: Let's.
J: That never existed.
B: What never existed? *wink wink*
Cr: So, you hear about that book-ball tournament?
D: What?
J: lol
F: Doug, it's non-sports, you can ignore this
D: Am I really that much of a stereotypical nerd?
B: ....yes..
F: Yes
J: Hate to let you down, but.. YES.
Cr: Yep

--User Doug has Left the Conversation--

Cr: So, it's just us four?
F: Guess so,
B: Harrison never texts on this conversation, so.. Yep, it's just us
J: Quality bro time
B: Bro
F: Bro
Cr: Bro-Bro
J: BRO.
F: Hold on, Freddie's calling me ttyl

--User Felix Has Gone Offline--

B: So..
J: Yeah..

--User Carlos Has Gone Offline--

B: ...

--User Jay Has Gone Offline--

--User Ben Has Gone Offline--

"Ben, dearie, (HAH SHE'S RUMPLE!) just try this on and see if it fits, then you're free to go." Mrs. Pots said.

-later-

Freedom! Sweet, sweet freedom! I wandered out of the castle and onto the school field.

"Hey!" I turned my head, and there she was.

Shoulder length purple hair, emerald green eyes, and the oh-so-familiar pink lipgloss that coated the warm smile she wore.

"Ben!" She called again.

Something inside me triggered, she was the one, I thought. I ran over to the enchanted lake, the place we had our first date. My fist banged on one of the columns, and the words my mother said pounded into my brain...

"You have to get married before you turn eighteen."

A/N - I HAD THAT PLANNED FOR SO LONG BUT I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO WRITE IT DOWN! Right then, my cookie kittens, we'll just pretend that Ben is seventeen and is approaching eighteen because..

IT WORKS FOR THE STORY!

Ai'ght, I'm done here
~Em