:Chapter 24 ~ (insert chapter name):

A/N - Could've named this chapter, "Emily's Great Return".

Previously...

Although it mentioned a child born of two opposed sides.
Its wrath to be a severe price for all.
It would learn love, and learn its place.
The child would be the possible downfall of the generation before it.

Was this the child of Ben and Mal?

.・.・.・.・.・.・.・.

Four months, it had been, since the beginning of the next generation. Classic heroes had had their children, and their children would soon have their own.

Audrey had returned, arm linked in Chad's. She seemed happier. She seemed to glow.

Possibly because of the matching rings on her and Chad's fingers? Or the way her cheeks seemed to puff, and her belly seemed to bulge?

They made friends, sharing past details and whatnot.

"I'm really sorry."

"It's fine now, isn't it?"

"I say let it be water under the bridge!"

It was a happy day, and it was too, for the rest of those five months.

Although, the dream returned ever night to haunt Mal.

She tossed and turned in her sleep, almost crying some nights.

Ben had noticed this. It was almost torture for him to see this. His beloved, getting haunted by some unknown thing, and he wouldn't be able to help in any way.

Any way, but one. He pulled Mal into his arms, pressing her back against his chest. He laid his arms on her stomach, and kissed her on the cheek, forehead, anywhere on the face.

And she'd quiet down.

It worked like this, every night, for nine months.

Until that very last day.

It was a clear night, you'd've [you would have] been able to see every star in the sky, a waning crescent bright in the darkness.

Agonizing, shrill screams of pain were heard that very same night.

And soon enough...

If you listened closely...

You could hear a baby's wail.

She could be described as imperfect.

[Yes, she. I just got in exactly 10 votes, 8/10 were voted girl]

They had no name for her. [I'll hold a vote later] Yet.

She had the mix matched eyes of her parents, her right eye green and her left, hazel.

It was like seeing a work of art every time the newborn blinked.

She showed signs of her father's brown hair, although little curls of purple were found, too.

Rosy, chubby pink cheeks. Happy, smiling green-hazel eyes.

Although, for her age, Mal had been an averagely sized girl.

It wore her down.

She was unconscious for almost three days after the birth, but soon awoke in her husband's arms.

She awoke to the sound of a cry.

And it was like that, for the next few days. Pulling all-nighters just to take care of the precious little one, although still being as happy and energetic as they were before.

Soon enough, her name was known through the kingdom.

Named after a flower, delicate and graceful.

Lily.

A sweet name, (one that got the most votes) one would think.

Parenthood was a tough road, but it'd been a lot tougher for Ben and Mal.

Why?

Little Lillith (Yes, Lillith, it's Lily for short.) had begun to show signs of magic.

Babbling baby nonsense, she waved her little arm and sparks flew. Little did they know, it was on,y destined to grow stronger.

Audrey, too, had had her own child, Valentina. (Second place name)

With her mother's chestnut-brown hair and her father's charming eyes. It was a normal family portrait, although unlike Lily, she showed no signs of magic whatsoever.

(RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO WRITE HERE)

Both families were happy, having being the first to produce the second generation.

All was at peace, and it was for almost an exact seven years...

Until the night of a tragic accident.

A/N - DUN DUN DUUNNN

LOOK EMILY ACTUALLY UPDATED, WHAT?!? *shares cookies*

Mm'kay, I'm done here. Next chapter, epilogue, and then another book's done.

~Em