:Chapter 21 ~ Tick Tock:

A/N - You people comment inhumanly fast when I update...

[A Votes] - 13

[B Votes] - 3

[C Votes] - 0... I guess it makes sense since this is a Bal story.

Oh, wait... did I mention "sooner" is in five to seven chapters? Oops. -insert troll face-

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Third Person's PoV

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The clock seemed to tick slower and slower as time went by. The purple haired girl, now a queen, sat patiently as her husband's servants lectured her on and on about her new duties as queen. Is it over yet? She constantly thought.

But the clock hand decided to slow down.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"Mrs. Pots, you may go." Interrupted a voice. Looking over to the side, Mal spotted her new mother-in-law, her hands folded neatly, loosely draped onto her figure. "Hello dear," she said, smiling.

Mal returned the smile with a grateful one of her own. "Can I go?" She asked shyly. "It's kinda late and I have homework, so..."

"Nonsense!" Said the former queen. "You're my daughter-in-law, and you may freely stay here."

The young queen gave a sheepish grin, fiddling with her fingers; a nervous habit.

Then, a male voice spoke. "Mom, if she wants to, she can leave."

Ben looked over to his wife, and she zoned out a bit, still mesmerized––lost in time.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Taking a breath, she excused herself, going outside to think over her new duties and responsibilities as queen.

She dialed a number, immediately being put on the line. "Hey," the other voice said. "What's up?"

"E," started Mal. "Are you in the dorm right now?"

She answered with a quick, "Yeah."

"Can I come over?"

"Sure."

Recently, since Mal and Ben were still new and the concept of a "married couple", they'd slept together. Mal was a bit uncomfortable, with Ben returning the mutual feeling. She needed a break.

Walking the dark, empty streets, a light flickered on, replicating a classic horror movie scene. Ignoring it, Mal continued on her way. And that was when it all went dark.

-dun dun dun-

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Lost in an empty darkness. That's where Mal was, at the moment.

Meanwhile, Evie had not spotted the purple haired girl after waiting for an hour. She dialed Ben's number, and he picked up quite quickly.

"Hello?" asked the familiar voice.

"Hey, Ben, it's Evie. Do you know where Mal might've gone?"

Ben hesitated for a moment, then answering. "No, I thought she went to your guys' dorm."

"She's not here, she called asking to come over an hour ago."

Back to Mal, she was lost. Unconscious and filthy, the perpetrator dropped her limp body at the infirmary. The hooded figure had attached a note.

Tick Tock. Time ticks forward. You have four days. Ninety-six hours until the poison settles in, and this poor girl with die.

Tick.

Tock.

And neatly scrawled at the bottom, was one initial.

-M.

A/N - Sorry that's it's a little short, I've kind of been busy with my sucky love life. I've taken a good day or two off, contemplating the fact that my boyfriend is–

Wait, I shouldn't be telling you people these things. Especially with two of my friends reading this. Especially when one of my friends can see me every day in homeroom.

~Em