The One With The Kiss

*me neither Joey. me neither*
_________________________

Naomi POV

Rachel, Phoebe, Monica and I walked through the doors that lead to the party. Music was blaring and people danced. My eyes instantly searched the room, looking for Joey. I felt a hand on my arm, and saw that it was Monica.

"Let him come to you." Monica suggested, and pulled us over to get some drinks. We talked, and laughed, getting to know each other better. A hand gently rested on my arm, and I turned my attention, seeing Ross in front of me.

"Hey, can we talk?" He asked, with a soft smile on his face. I nodded, and set down my drink. I saw Rachel's eyes fill with jealousy and regret, but I decided to ignore it for now.

Ross lead me upstairs and onto a room. He closed the door behind us and turned to me, smiling.

"What's up?" I asked casually, not liking that he shut the door.

"Just wanted to thank you for helping me with the whole Carol situation. It's been really hard for me." Ross said, sadness lacing his words.

"It's not problem, I've dealt with divorce before."

"You're divorced?"

"No, my parents." I say, stiffening. It's a touchy subject for me. I noticed Ross starting to lean into me, and I tried to back away, but it was too late. His lips pressed on mine, and I was too stunned to move.

I didn't want this. Ross didn't give me butterflies in my stomach, Joey did. I dint feel any attraction to Ross, and I felt so much for Joey.

I heard the door slam behind me, making me jump away. I immediately got a sick feeling in my stomach, and I knew somehow that it was Joey. "Oh, no..." I whispered, and ran out the door, trying to follow Joey.

I caught a glimpse of him grabbing his coat and rushing out the door. My stomach dropped and I ran to follow him, but someone grabbed my shoulder, stopping me.

"Let him go, Naomi," Phoebe said, rubbing my arm comfortingly. "We both know him. He needs time to cool off." I nodded my head, knowing she was right, and leaned my back against the wall.

"I'm so sorry, Naomi..." Ross rushed up to me. "I don't know what came over me. The divorce has been hard and I just needed some physical comfort." Ross explained, and I nodded, understanding. I knew that this stuff was hard.

"I forgive you. Can you please just take me home?" I plead Ross, and he nods, grabbing our coats and car keys.

"Hey, where are you going?" Rachel, Monica, and Chandler run up to us with worried expressions on their faces.

"I'm going to get Naomi and I a taxi to take us home." Ross explains as I slip on my coat. I take a deep breath, trying to control my emotions.

"Oh, okay. Get home safe, okay? We'll see you tomorrow." Chandler says, and hugs me tightly. Monica and Rachel follow after, and we all say our goodbyes as the taxi pulls up and Ross and I get in.

-----------

Ross walked me too the door of the apartment,dropping me off and then he would get a cab back to his apartment, since he lived in a different building. I took out my key to unlock the door, and Ross put his hand on top of mine, and I look up at him.

"He liked you, Naomi. Anyone can see it." Ross reassures me, and I sigh, looking across the hall at Joey and Chandler's apartment. My crush I developed for Joey has grown every day, and now it's hard to stop thinking about him. "Talk to him." Ross said gently, placing a kiss on my forehead, before turning to leave.

I slide the key in the lock and twist it, opening the door. I switch on the lights, running my fingers through my hair, frustratedly. I wanted to talk to Joey so bad, but I didn't have the guts.

I walk to the coach, taking off the cushions so I can pull out the bed. I struggle for a few minutes, and when I decide it won't budge, I resort to my last option. Joey.

I walk hesitantly to his door, and taking a shaky breath, I knock on it. The door opens in a few seconds, and Joey stands there in his pajamas. His eyes brighten as he looked down and saw me, and then dim, remembering what had happened.

I look down, embarrassed to look at him. "Um...I can't get the bed to pull out of the couch." I sigh, looking up at him to meet his eyes. "Can you help me?"

We stare at each other for a few seconds before he nods, and I make room for him to step out, shutting the door behind him. I lead him to my living room, showing him the couch to flip open.

I take a deep breath, deciding to explain what happened between Ross and I. "I know you saw Ross and I together...But it's not like that. He was feeling bad about the divorce..."

I watched Joey's muscles contract, and jumped in shock as the bed flopped out. He turned to me, looking down at me with soft eyes. My eyes pleaded up at him, and he reached out, brushing a piece of my hair back. He nodded, seemingly understanding the situation.

"I know you don't want to hurt anybody." Joey said softly, smiling gently at me. I could still see the pain in his eyes, and it could be because he likes me. That's what everyone says. I don't want to get me hopes up, though.

"So, we have the apartment to ourselves for a few hours. What should we do?" Joey said, crossing his arms and sending me a mischievous look.

"You're staying?" I ask, surprised.

"Well, of course! I wouldn't give up an opportunity to spend time with you." Joey smiles, wrapping an arm around me. I sighed in relief, leaning into his side. I'm glad that Joey's back to his fun, comfy attitude.

We sat on my pull out bed, deciding to watch a movie. I let him pick them movie, because I don't care what we watch. As long as he's with me. Joey and I sat close next to each other, with only an inch of space between us. I felt his hand inch towards mine, and finally, our fingers intertwined.

A tingle spread throughout my arm and I glanced at him, seeing a smile spread across his face. I smiled, happy that he was pleased with holding my hand.

It was hard to concentrate on the movie when Joey was making circles on the back of my hand with the pad of his thumb. I leaned into him closer, and I don't know when, but I eventually fell asleep.
________________________
3 things:

1. i know the updates have been slow. ill try to get better. at least once every two weeks. i have a lot going on. but thanks for the lovely comments!

2. i decided to start writing this story in the cast's point of view. it was too hard to write as third person.

2. i found a mistake in chapter 2 that i fixed! it said rachel was ross' girlfriend, and they ARE NOT DATING YET. he's just going into the divorce. i realized my mistake and corrected it.

other than that, i hope you're enjoying the book.

make sure to comment and vote ;)

Xoxo, Alli