Rick Grimes (for Chloe_Grimes)

for Chloe_Grimes

It was hard for Chloe to actually dress up and go to the welcome party for her and her group, especially when Maggie practically forced her to wear a dress. It was a black dress of course, one that Jessie had hidden in the back of her closet.

Being Daryl's sister had some flaws. Especially when you're practically in love with his best friend, Rick.

Chloe wasn't having any fun at the party, but at least nothing was trying to kill her. At least for right now. She put on a fake smile and tried to avoid everything, but it wasn't possible.

Her smile dropped and her heart broke in two when she saw Rick kiss Jessie on the cheek. She covered her mouth as tears formed her eyes. She thankfully got out of the crowded house without anyone noticing her.

She was mad at herself for even getting mad. It was just a kiss on the cheek, but her mind wandered and told her things completely different.

She wanted to run to her house and lay in bed, but then she would definitely run into Rick. After all, she lives with him and Carl!

"How could I be so stupid to think he actually loved me back!" She said to herself as she stood in the middle of the road, facing away from the road. "He just offered for me to stay with him cause he felt bad for me!"

"That's not the reason." She froze as she heard the familiar soothing voice behind her. She turned around, facing a grinning Rick who was standing a couple feet away from her. "Why are you crying?"

"Nothing, just go back to Jessie." She blurted out, then closing her mouth shut as she realized what she just said.

"Oh, so that's what this is about? You saw me kiss Jessie on the cheek?" Rick says, raising an eyebrow.

She nods slowly, looking down at her feet.

"And who said I didn't love you back?" Her head snaps up when she hears that, her eyes widening.

"W-What?" She choked out, but Rick said nothing. Instead, he walked slowly over to her, cupping her face between his hands.

"I do love you back. I have for a while now." He whispers, his face so close to her as his warm breath hit her face.

She sniffled, smiling slightly. She leaned up, capturing his lips with hers. Their lips moved slowly as Rick made a surprised noise, eyebrows lifting but he kept his eyes closed.

And in that moment, nothing mattered to them. No party, no walkers, just them. And they loved that.