Daryl Dixon [Season Finale - Negan]

[DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE SEASON FINALE OF SEASON 6]

[Im using the name Athena]

It was her greatest nightmare. Watching someone she loves die. It was happening with Maggie, and now it was anyone. Anyone that Negan chose. She was on her knees, about three feet away from Carl. Why she was farther away from everyone else, she didn't know.

Her face showed no emotion towards anyone as Negan kneeled down in front of her. "You don't seem scared. You look stronger then many people here. And why is that?"

Negan had a sly smile on his face, which scared her. But she wouldn't show it. "Because of shit that you kind of people do to my family."

He walked away from her again, talking to Rick. She didn't want to pay attention to his speech, either she was going to die, or her family was.

Daryl glanced over at the brunette girl across from him. He wished that he could hold her now, tell her it was alright, but then again, he knew it wasn't. He wished that Negan could kill him instead of her, but he didn't get to decide.

"You,"

"Are,"

"It."

The bat wrapped in barbed wire was pointing towards the brunette, her face staying like stone. As it landed on her, Daryl felt like his world came crashing down. He was wishing it wasn't her, he wished this was all a dream. But it wasn't, it was reality.

And now he wished he would've stayed back with her.

He remembered right before he left to find the guy who killed Denise and stole his crossbow, he told Athena his true feelings. He had kissed her and told her he wasn't good with this kind of stuff, but he still loved her. Yet, he left her standing in their shared house before she could say anything about it.

"You can scream, you can cry. But if anyone moves I will have my men cut out the kids remaining eye and feed it to his father."

Before Negan swung the bat, Athena adverted her eyes to Daryl, which noticed that she tears in her eyes. They were both surprised to see each other crying, but Athena smiled anyways; mouthing the words she has been wanting to say forever. "I love you too, Daryl."

The bat was swung into Athena's head, the sound of skin and muscle tearing was something that would haunt her group forever. Especially when she was the only thing that kept the group together.

It shocked people to hear Daryl cry out for her, even though he was in pain from his bullet wound, he tried to lunge foreword to get to her, but Negan's men held him back.

"Wow, taking like a champ!" Negan yells as Athena looked up at him, her eyes becoming droopy and her vision blurred. Blood trickled down her face, but it didn't matter to her. As long as he didn't kill Carl or anyone in her family, she was okay.

The yells and cries of the group all mashed into one, but she could always point out Daryl's voice. Always.

He hit her head again; this time knocking her to the ground. She tried to get up, her body feeling weak and tired. Then; two more hits ended it all.

She laid there; lifeless. Her eyes still open as they stared at Daryl. His vision was blurry also, but that was because of tears. He noticed that her eyes were drained from any remaining life, her features becoming more pale.

And he just wished it would've been him; not her.