Rick Grimes [for JustAVampireHunter]

This is for JustAVampireHunter and I am so sorry that you had to wait so long but I made it as long as I could.

As Cara paced in front of Rick's tent, she nervously bites her nails. She wanted to tell Rick what happened between Shane and Lori, but Shane was her brother, and Cara didn't want either of them to get hurt.

Her pacing was interrupted by Daryl walking past her, scoffing. "Don't go in those woods."

"Why?" Cara asked, her curiosity growing. Why would Daryl tell her to not go in the woods? She always hunts with him.

"Shane and Lori."

Cara's eyes widened as she finally figured out what they were doing. They were even hooking up after Rick was found alive. That was the last straw for her. She unzipped the tent door, quickly barging in. She stopped in her place when she saw Rick without a shirt on. Blood rose to her cheeks, making Rick chuckle.

"Uh, we need to talk." Cara clears her throat, trying to hide the fact that she was just blushing.

"About what?" Rick asks, raising his eyebrow as he puts on a plain white t-shirt.

"Shane and Lori. They uh, they were together when you were gone." Cara says, scratching the back on her head nervously.

"Oh. I know that already. I talked to Lori about it and I sort of called it off between me and her and that leaded to her throwing her wedding ring at me." Rick says, shocking Cara.

"Oh."

* * * -Time Skip to season two when Carl gets shot- * * *

Cara was in front of Rick and Shane, walking through the woods. It was awkward for her to talk to either of them, and that upset her. Carl suddenly stopped in front of her, making her look to see a deer in front of him.

She smiled at the deer and Carl, who was walking forward to touch the deer. Until, Cara was distracted when she saw the metal tip of a gun peeking out of a bush.

"Carl!" She whispered, trying to get his attention but she couldn't, which made her quickly jump next to Carl and push him out of the way.

But she felt pain seer through her side, which cause her to fall to the ground.

Shane and Rick were shocked about what just happened in front of them. Rick beat Shane to it as he ran to Cara, picking her up.

* * *

Cara was confused when she woke up, in a bed in an unfamiliar bedroom. She looked down at her waist, seeing she only had her sports bra on and a white wrap around her waist.

Her head quickly turned to the door as it opened, a young girl with brunette hair walking in, her eyes widen at the sight of Cara awake. "You're awake! Dad! She's awake!" She yells into the house.

Maggie walks over to her and sits next to her bed as her dad walks in. "W-Who are you?"

"I'm Maggie and this is my dad, Hershel." Maggie says, smiling lightly at Cara. "You're at our farmhouse. Rick carried you in here after Otis shot you in the woods."

"Rick carried me in?" Cara asks, surprised that Rick carried her in and not her own brother.

"Yeah, he was really worried too. He looked like he was crying, he must really love you." Maggie says, making Cara's eyes widen.

"W-We're just friends."

"Alright, well we can tell Rick that your awake when he gets back. But, for now, you can wash up in the bathroom." Hershel says, as Maggie hands Cara a pair of clothes.

"Thank you." Cara smiles.

After Cara washed up in the bathroom and got dressed, she walked out of the bathroom which was connected to the bedroom, only to see Rick burst through the bedroom door. Cara jumped back an inch, scared. "You scared me!"

"You're awake." Rick says almost out of breath, smiling slightly.

"I have been for a little bit." Cara chuckles.

Rick closes the door, thinking for a minute, confusing Cara. "Ah, what the hell." Rick whispers. Cara was about to ask him something until her walked to her quickly, placing his lips onto hers, his hands on each side of her face. She kissed back, placing her hands on his chest. They pulled back for air, both of their eyes closed for a minute. "When I saw you fall to the ground it felt like my heart felt into my stomach."

"Well, hopefully you won't ever feel that again." Cara smiles, placing her hips back onto his.