Glenn Rhee - Mid Season Premiere

In honor of The Walking Dead Mid-Season Premiere, I am writing a imagine. NOT for anyone who requested because no one has requested one for season six yet, but I am working on a lot of imagines right now so they are coming soon! Anyways, this imagine has SPOILERS so if you haven't watched the newest episode of the walking dead which was the mid season premiere, do NOT read this. And I am using the name Athena in this imagine.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*IN THIS IMAGINE MAGGIE AND GLENN ARE NOT TOGETHER*

It was times like this that Athena wished she was dead. The moans of walkers under her made her want to put a bullet in her head. The fact that she thought Glenn was dead was horrifying, and she knew that those balloons could've been anyone, like Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham.

Alexandria was overrun. She never thought she would be safe behind the walls, and she was right. She had been with the group since Glenn found her in the alleyways of Atlanta before they even knew Rick. The thought of Glenn and Rick made her want to cry, knowing that everyone was probably dead.

She was stuck on top of a guard tower, and that made her feel even more horrified. She wasn't going to make it, especially since everyone might be dead. She didn't have hope anymore. Glenn always told her to have hope, and she used to, but not now. Not at this moment.

Small movement from the corner of her eye made her turn her head quickly. She smiled as she saw Enid and Glenn. She felt relieved that he was alive, but was she going to have to watch him die as he ran through the walkers? This was her best friend, she didn't want to watch that.

"Enid! Get her down! Enid go!" The words that Glenn yelled made Athena's eyes widen. He was going to distract the walkers, and she knew that. There were too many of them. And she was right. Glenn made as much noise as he could as he tried to draw the walkers away from Enid and Athena.

"Glenn, no!" Athena yelled, her voice cracking as tears fell down her face. Enid was calling her, but she didn't move, so Enid had to crawl over to her.

Athena fell on her knees as she aimed her gun at the walkers behind Glenn, but when she pulled the trigger all she heard was a click. Tears fell even more as the walkers cornered him even more. He was going to die.

"Glenn no!" She screamed, and it hurt her throat, but she didn't care. She hated herself for not telling Glenn how she felt sooner, and it hurt that she had to watch him die, watch him be torn to pieces. Until she heard it.

Many gunshots echoed as she looked up and saw Sasha and Abraham shooting the walkers that were surrounding Glenn, and Athena knew that the timing was perfect.

Even after Glenn got up and started killing more walkers, she didn't believe he was alive. She needed to have his arms wrapped around her to know this wasn't some hallucination. But, she still needed to fight.

It was after all the walkers were dead that she finally saw Glenn after that moment. He stood in front of her, maybe fifty feet away. Even covered with blood she wanted to run up and hug him. And that just what she did.

She ran to him as fast as she could, jumping on him with her arms wrapped around his neck and her legs around his waist. He stumbled back from the blow, only because he didn't see her coming, but he wrapped his arms around her waist tightly, resting his head in the crook of her neck and breathing out heavily while tightly closing his eyes.

"I thought you were dead." Athena whispered, keeping her head rested on his shoulder, her face showing pain.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Athena." Glenn whispered back, happy that he can hold her again. He just wished he could do something more like kiss her, but he didn't have the courage.

Athena put her feet back onto the ground and pulled her arms back to her side, but still stayed standing close to Glenn. "Glenn, I thought you were dead and it killed me not knowing if you were or not. I'm in love with you, Glenn. And it took me this long to say it and I'm glad I got the chance to."

Glenn was shocked, which made Athena question if she should've told him that, but when his lips turned into a small smile she was happy.

She was shocked when Glenn placed his lips onto hers forcefully, placing his hands on the sides of her neck. Even though she was surprised she kissed back.

"I'm in love with you too, Athena."