Carl Grimes [for radlukey]

For radlukey

Annie sat by the small pond that was in Alexandria, as she was finally finding some piece and quiet. She finally got some rest after moving all the walker bodies they had killed, and helping the people that were left at Alexandria.

She remembered the day the walkers had gotten in, when they were walking through the horde with the sheets of walker blood on them. They had lost Jessie, Sam, and Ron, and even almost lost Carl. Well, they lost Carl's eye.

Now she was siting here, every so often glancing around at the people who were walking around Alexandria.

Her eyes once landed on Carl and Enid talking, and she felt a little bit jealous, of nothing of course. Carl was just Annie's friend, she couldn't be jealous because he wasn't hers. Enid was also a friend of Annie's, but she can't help but feel they had something.

She tore her eyes away from the two, looking back at the water.

"Hey," Carl calls from beside her, trying to get her attention as she was lost in thought. "you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Annie fake smiles, looking up at him as he sits down next to her.

"You wanna go on a walk through the woods?" Carl asks, glancing at her. "Maybe look for a cabin that has some supplies."

"You're father is okay with this?" Annie chuckles, turning her head to face him.

"He's on a run with Daryl right now. I thought maybe we could go find some supplies."

Annie nods agreeing, standing up and putting her hand out for him to take. "Let's go. Just let me grab my bow."

* * *

"So," Carl started, as he walked a couple more steps farther than Annie. "are you gonna tell me the truth about if your okay?"

"What? I really am fine, Carl." Annie lied, biting the inside of her cheek.

Carl stops, looking at Annie. "Now that is a big lie, Annie. I've known you for what, since the beginning of all of this? You don't think I can't tell when your lying?"

"It's nothing really," Annie sighed, running her fingers through her hair. Should she tell him? "I really don't think I should tell you."

"Annie, you could tell me anything." He says, standing in front of her to stop her from walking.

"It's just," she stops, sighing. "I was kinda feeling jealous when I saw you talking to Enid. It's stupid, I know."

"Why were you jealous?" Carl grins, already knowing the answer to that. His mind just kept telling him, she likes you, idiot.

"I might have a small crush on you?" She mutters so softly, he couldn't hear her.

"What?" He asks, still smiling.

"I'm in love with you, Carl." She says, trying to be confident but on the inside she was freaking out, as she closed her eyes so she couldn't see his face.

Carl took steps closer to her, placing his hands on her neck and bringing her closer, placing his lips softly onto hers. While his eyes were closed shut, hers shot wide open from shock, until she fluttered them closed and kissed back.

They pull back and he smiles at her.

"I love you too, Annie."