daryl dixon ▻ not requested

(Near Death Experience/ Confession of Love/ Season 2)

(Anna's POV)

"Hey Anna, do you want to go search for Sophia?" Daryl asked me while peeking into my tent to see me reading a book. "We are taking a horse?..." He said trying to get me to come.

"Sure, are we going to the stream?" He nodded. I got up and grabbed my knife putting it into my holder and then putting my quiver of arrows on my back and grabbing my bow. "Let's go."

***

As we were riding, I had my arms around Daryl's waist. Then the horse got spooked by a snake or something shoving me and Daryl down a hill hitting sticks and rocks on the way. I felt a pain shoot throughout my bottom and then all I saw was pitch black.

(Daryl's POV)

I look up after the fall and I couldn't find Anna at first, until I see her laying in the water... Unconscious. I crawl over to her, throwing her bow a couple feet away, and putting my ear up to her chest, feeling a faint heartbeat. She still looks a little pale. I pull her quiver of arrows of her, seeing her knife piercing through her side. I see that she is wearing a tank top under shirt, so I take her shirt off and rip part of it and rap it around the knife. After that I grip onto the handle. 1...2...3! I pull out the knife in a quick motion. She doesn't even move. I rap the rest of her shirt around the wound so she doesn't bleed out. I put my finger under her nose to see she's not breathing. I start panicking, and put my ear to her chest and feel a faint heartbeat. If she doesn't wake up soon she won't breathe and might die. I'm still kneeling and I put her I'm my lap. I wrap my arms around her, I can't even believe that I start to cry!

"Anna, please wake up! You can't leave! I know this sounds crazy but I... I... I love you! That's not what I usually say to people, but your not regular people! Your special! You would probably never fall for a redneck like me..."

"Too late..."

(Anna's POV)

"Too late..." I whispered roughly.

"What?" He said, shocked.

"You said 'you would never fall for a redneck like me...' And I said, too late." I said just bellow a whisper.

"You heard that?" He whispered, still shocked.

"Yeah..." I didn't wait for his answer, and I couldn't sit up, so I put my hand on the back of his head, and brought his lips to mine. At first he was shocked but then he kissed back. After about a minute, we pulled away, both grinning. "I love you too."

"You do?" He said smiling.

"Yep, now carry me to the house before I bleed out." I joke.

"That's not funny!" He yells and picks me up and carries me to the house. On the way he picks up my bow and arrows.

***

(Daryl's POV)

She falls back asleep in my arms as I run. I break the tree line and Rick came up but I ignore him and run past him towards the house.

"Hershel! Hershel!" I yell. He tells me to come in and I lay her on the bed.

"T-Dog! Shane! Get him out of here!" Rick yells.

I feel people pulling me back as I struggle, but I knew it was no use. They sat me on the couch.

"What happened?" Rick asks, coming out of the room. I tell them the story, leaving out the part where I cry and confess my love.

I just hope she's alright.