daryl dixon ▻ for topgeargirl101

REQUESTED FOR @topgeargirl101

I've changed it up a bit, so that when they went to rescue Glenn and Maggie from Woodbury Daryl wasn't captured and he didn't leave with Merle.

Rachel strolled through the aisles of the store, throwing in things she would think that the group would need. Her fingers tapped against the shelf, her eyes roaming at what was on the shelf, wondering what to take.

"Rachel! Let's go!" Glenn shouted throughout the store, which made her close her backpack and rush to the front of the store, meeting up with Glenn and Maggie.

"What did you find?" Maggie wondered as Rachel caught up to them, and walking next to Maggie.

"Um, I've found things that lil' asskicker will probably like, some comics for Carl, and I even found something that daryl might like."

Maggie laughed, "oh, something for Daryl, huh?"

Rachel turned towards Maggie, walking backwards. "Oh, shut up."

Pain shot through the back of her head, as she dropped quickly to the ground, her head ringing and her vision blurry as she looked around, almost as if she would be able to see better if she did that.

She placed her hands onto the car, pushing herself up to try and help Glenn and Maggie with the blurry stranger. Rachel tumbled, falling against the truck as she got dizzy, falling to the ground once more.

"Glenn, Maggie," She muttered, her voice hoarse and rough as she laid on the ground, trying to push herself up again.

A mans rough hand grabbed her by the hair, whispering into her ear. "I don't think you should get up so soon,"

The voice was so familiar, and as soon as she heard it, she knew exactly who it was. "Merle?"

* * *

"Well, look who's awake,"

Rachel groaned in pain as she woke up, the light at the top of the ceiling blinding her vision, but she still knew exactly who was standing in front of her.

"Well, if it isn't the lesser Dixon brother," her voice was still rough, but she still had the courage to talk back to Merle, only because he was an ass.

Merle smiled sarcastically, "Where's my brother?"

"He's gonna be looking for us, he'll come looking for me, and he'll be standing right next to his real family while looking for us,"

Merle scowled, "the only family he has is standing right he-"

"No." She scolded, "you're blood, not family. That's different. His family is sitting right in front of you, and wherever you're holding Glenn and Maggie, and at our home. You're just a scumbag of a brother that abandoned him every chance you got."

A smack echoed throughout the room, Rachel's head jerked to the side as Merle's fist hit her cheek, and her cheek heating up in pain.

"Looks like someones caught feelings for my brother."

Rachel clenched her jaw in annoyance to the older Dixon brother. "At least I care more for him than you ever did."

His fist hit her cheek again, before raising the metal knife he called a hand, "let's have some fun, shall we?"

* * *

She groaned in pain as she started to bleed out, her body sore from how many punches Merle had thrown into her. She could hear every breath she would take, it was annoying her as she breathed. Rachel just wished she would die.

Banging could be heard from the door, as if someone was trying to get in, and smoke entered from the crack of the door.

The door swung open, revealing the younger Dixon, which made Rachel smiled weakly.

Daryl rushed over to her, untying her wrists and her ankles, "What the hell happened to ya'?" He sounded so worried, and Rachel was surprised.

"Merle," She whispered, making him look up at her, before helping her up, "he's here, Daryl; and he did this to me."

"I'm gonna get you out of here, you'll be okay."

Daryl carried her out as she kept going in and out of consciousness. She was practically dead weight, her body lifeless as he carried her out.

He carried her and carried her until they found the car, where he placed her into the back seat and he sat with her, while the others talked outside of the car.

Rachel sat up weakly, staring into his eyes. "Daryl?"

"You should stay laying down," He tells her quietly.

She leaned forwards and kissed him lightly on the lips. He hesitated, as he had never been this close to someone before and feel so much love at once.

Rachel pulled away, almost embarrassed that she had done that. "I'm sorr-"

He leaned forward quickly, placing his lips back onto hers with his hands on her neck, his thumbs resting on her cheeks.

"Thank you for saving me."