Day 12

I felt weird ever since yesterday with Jason.  I had never been so close to one of patients, not even Nick when he was choking me. Jason had pulled me toward him and just stared at me, almost leaving me in a trance.

"Katie, how's it going?" Jason leaned back in his chair.

I was a bit surprised he actually asked about me rather than me asking him, but I went along with it as it was a good thing. "Dr. Hartford... But I'm doing fine. What about you, Jason?"

He shrugged. "I didn't hurt anybody if that's what you're asking."

"Not exactly, but that's good," I nodded. I looked in his hands and noticed the red ball. "I see you brought your stress ball," I pointed out.

He looked down, squeezing it and nodding. "Yeah, it's kind of fun to mess with I guess."

"Remember, you can use that if you get angry too. Take it out on the ball rather than the person," I said. He rolled his eyes, so I moved on.  "I want to take this happiness thing from a different angle."

"Again?"

"Don't worry, today's the last day we'll work on it. For a little bit at least," I assured him, making him sigh.

"Fine, what do I do?"

"I want you to tell me something that makes you angry, and I'll try to  suggest something that could make you happy instead.  So you can think  of the happy thing I suggest rather than the angry one," I explained.

He sighed, but nodded his head in agreement.  "Okay, fine."

"So, what's one thing that makes you angry?  It can be a situation, a person, even a pet peeve.  Anything."

Jason  bit his lip as he thought, making me take a deep breath.  "Well...I get  angry when someone doesn't die right away.  I have to keep going at  them until they finally don't wake up."

I sat there with a blank  stare and gulped.  I wasn't expecting him to say something like that,  but I wasn't completely shocked.  "You could think of it...as them...not  wanting to leave your presence..." I said slowly.

He chuckled but moved on.  "I get angry when people don't pay me my money back," he started.

I  nodded, thinking of how to counter that.  "Okay, okay...instead of  thinking about not having your money, think of it as them keeping that  money safe.  You have less to worry about for the time being,"

"I hate...when people don't listen to me."

"They're entranced by your words.  Or they're so focused on your looks they can't focus on your words," I suggested, though not expecting the second part to come out.

Jason smiled.  "Do you ever focus on my looks?" he asked me.

My eyes widened.  "Excuse me?"

"Do you ever focus on my looks?" he repeated casually.  "I mean honestly, do you think I'm attractive?" Jason continued.

I  gulped, unsure how to respond.  I just stared at him, not wanting to  admit that he actually was pretty attractive but not wanting to lie  either.  "Um...what does this have to do..."

"I think you're attractive," he interrupted, making me even more surprised.

"Me?  Jason, you can't..."

"Don't  worry, Katie.  I know I'm not supposed to be attracted to you," he cut  me off, knowing what I was going to say.  "I'm just saying..."

I looked down, putting my pen down.  "I think we're done with this activity," I said, biting my lip. I put my pen and paper down, noticing Jason staring at. "Is there something you want to say?" I raised an eyebrow, hoping I wouldn't regret asking.

Jason leaned forward, closer to me. "Do you really trust me?"

I furrowed my eyebrows.  "What do you mean?  I told you I trust you."

"You said you trust me enough that I won't kill you. But do you really trust me?" He raised an eyebrow.

I sat there, unsure how to answer. I felt like I was getting close to Jason now, and I didn't want to mess that up.  But did I trust him?  I decided to answer honestly. "I'm not sure..." I trailed off softly.

He grinned, using his eyes to look down. "No one does, and I think it would be smart if you didn't either," he said before meeting my eyes again. "For your sake."

"Why are you telling me this?" I leaned forward a bit.

"Because, I'm the leader of the most dangerous gang in America, maybe the world eventually. I have eyes all over," he answered. I gave him a confused look, unsure what he was saying.

The buzzer stopped me from further questioning, and Jason leaned back. I sat there, still processing what Jason had said as he was leaving. What did he mean that he had eyes all over? And why did he tell me that?