Day 11

I was never sure what to expect from Jason, but after a day like yesterday I wasn't even sure he would come in to talk to me.  Of course I wanted him to. No matter how much I didn't want to admit it, I wanted to talk to him.
The door opened and I looked up with hope, only to be disappointed by a waiter with my tray. I sighed and got up, taking the tray to my bed and starting to eat. I was nearly finished when the door opened once more, revealing Jason.
I set my spoon down, staring at him. "You came today," I said softly.
"You like talking, right?" He questioned, closing the door.
"Mostly when it gives me answers," I responded.
"You still have questions?"
"I always have questions."
Jason grinned, walking over. "How about you finish your food first?" He suggested.
I gave a nod. "I can do that," I said, taking a bite of oatmeal.
"In the meantime...I thought about what you said yesterday. About letting you in," he started talking.
I raised an eyebrow, unsure where he was taking this. There's no way he would actually let me in or give any sort of personal info. "And..."
"I understand why you want to know more about me, but what about you?" He asked, sitting on the bed. "You know more about me than I do about you."
I sat there, never thinking about that. But now that I am, he is right. I know a lot about him just because of therapy, but he really doesn't know anything about me aside from my name, my job, and the tidbits about my diet and anxiety he learned only to my benefit. "Okay...well how about this. As long as you keep coming in here to talk to me, we can each take turns asking a question and respond with complete truth."
Jason sat there, looking down as he thought. "We can ask each other anything and we have to respond truthfully?"
"I figure if you're gonna keep me here, I should at least know what I want about you. And if you want to keep me here, you should know what you want about me," I explained myself.
Jason gave a slow nod in agreement. "Okay...but I ask the first question!" He agreed, making me nod in response.  "What's your home life like?"
I gave a small nod, it was a simple question that could reveal quite a bit depending on the person.  "Not much to say, I'm an only child with two parents."
Jason chuckled.  "Of course you would have a perfect life."
I shook my head though.  "Not as perfect as you would think.  Since I was ahead of my age group, I was the youngest in all of my classes and had little to no friends.  Having no one such as a sibling made things pretty lonely, and my parents...well that can be for another question," I stopped myself before I revealed too much.  Jason stared at me, curiosity written on his face.  I couldn't help but grin before asking my question.  "What about your family?"
Jason sighed, but didn't seemed surprised.  It was something I was always curious about and tried bringing up in the past, but he always shut it down.  "Well...my parents weren't really around.  My dad walked out, and my mom died when I was three so I don't have much of a memory of her.  The only person in my family I'm remotely close to is my older brother Alex, but we don't really get along," he explained briefly.
"Why not?" I asked, wanting more.
"Sorry, but I believe that's another question and it is no longer your turn," he said playfully.  While part of me was annoyed, the other was amused as I had never seen Jason like this.  A good mood, playful, and actually enjoying something.  "Now, parents.  Spill," he said bluntly.
I took a deep breath before starting.  "They weren't terrible, they just wanted what was best for me.  One of the reasons I did so well in so school was because they pushed me and gave me the materials I needed.  The problem was that they seemed to only care about school.  They put me in countless classes and advanced sessions to the point where I was barely even home.  When I was, they were out working so I never saw them.  In fact, the only time they spoke to me was about school.  They wanted the best for me and for me to be the best, but because of that I never developed a relationship with either of them."  I stared down, not really thinking about my lack of relationship with my parents.  It explained why I never missed them that much.  I looked up at Jason, who hadn't responded yet.  "Um...my turn?" I tried changing the subject.
"Wait...so not only did you have no friends or siblings, but you didn't even have a relationship with your parents?" he questioned.  I nodded in response, sucking in my lip.  "So...who did you talk to?  Did you ever have a boyfriend or something?"
My eyes widened, shocked by his next question.  "Uh...i-it's not your turn to ask a question," I reminded him, causing him to groan.
"Look, this has been fun and all, but we're not in high school.  I think we've discussed enough about personal lives.  Agreed?" he asked, standing up.
I looked down, disappointed I didn't get to find out more about Jason, but nodded.  "Yeah...I mean, prisoners aren't suppose to enjoy themselves, right?" I raised an eyebrow at him.
Jason moved his eyes away from mine.  "I need to go, I have business to take care of.  I probably shouldn't have even stopped here."
I felt something in my stomach drop, a sadness taking over.  "Oh...I won't waste anymore of your time then."
Jason opened his mouth, about to reply but instead closed it and looked away.  "Finish your meal...and don't hurt yourself," he gave a nod before exiting the room.
I sighed, not surprised but still upset.  Just when we were getting somewhere, he pushes away again.  If he's going to keep my locked up here, he should at least talk to me.  I thought things were starting to look up, but I guess that's not possible with Jason.