Book 2

I gazed out the window, looking at the world I could never go to again. All I could see was trees and a bit of the sky, but I wanted nothing more than to be out there. At least I wouldn't be trapped.

The door opened, but I didn't look back. There was no need, I knew it was just for food. I wouldn't eat it though, and no one could make me.

"Katie..." his voice rang through my ears. My eyes widened, I was only expecting a worker. I still didn't look back though. "You still have food to eat." He must have noticed my tray still sitting by the door. He doesn't really care if I eat though. He doesn't care about anyone. I couldn't even eat in a dining room.

I continued looking out the window, not speaking to Jason. He didn't deserve to hear my voice, he didn't deserve me. "I know this is hard for you...but I think if you look at it differently then you'll realize this is good."

I rolled my eyes. No job, no friends, no family, and no freedom. Because that sounds good. I'm not heartless though, so I care about those things.

"I got you your pills. You know...for your anxiety..." he trailed off.

My face softened and I sat up. He remembered my pills? I didn't even look at my meal to see if he remembered that I'm vegan. I can't grow weak though, I won't give him satisfaction of knowing he pleased me in some way.

"Please talk to me. You haven't said a word since...earlier. Not to anyone."

I let out a small breath, moving to get comfortable in my seat again. All I wanted was to be alone if I couldn't be out.

I could hear Jason getting frustrated. "You can't stay silent forever, you'll have to talk eventually!"

Nothing escaped my lips, and nothing would. I felt as if Jason was starting to realize that too, making him get even angrier.

"Say something, god dammit!" He yelled. I froze, feeling afraid but still not replying. "I did this for you! You should be thanking me, or at least talking to me!"

I still remained silent, focusing on a leaf that drifted by. I wish the wind could carry me out of here, or anything for that matter. There was just silence as he waited, but he would wait forever. I heard him sigh in defeat as he realized it too.

"Katie...please..." he trailed off softly, and I almost felt bad for him. At least until I remembered why I wasn't talking in the first place, and why I was where I am.

"I'll be back later...to check on you again. And hopefully you will have taken what I've given to you," he said softly now. I heard the door shut and I closed my eyes to stop any tears.

I slowly looked back, seeing my tray. I stood up and walked over. It was the same meal I got the first time on the plane, except there was water instead of milk. There was also a single pill sitting on the tray. Of course he wouldn't give me the whole bottle.

I decided to eat, not being able to resist the food. I cleared the tray, including taking the pill. Maybe it could help, though I had high doubts.

I left the empty tray, taking the water bottle and walking back to the window. I set the bottle on the window sill before I sat down and looked out again. The world could never go to again.