Day 8

The next day I was still stuck in this hospital, although I was confused how I could be in here if Jason was a most wanted criminal and I was his most recent victim.
The door opened and a worker walked in with a tray of food. He pulled the mini table attached to my bed so it was over me before setting it down. I noticed my pill was there as well.
"Thanks," I mumbled, picking up the spoon to eat the oatmeal and berries. I took one bite but felt eyes on me as I ate. My eyes slowly moved up, spotting the worker standing beside my bed and watching me. I swallowed my food before commenting. "You can go now."
He shook his head. "Boss' orders, it's to make sure you're eating," he said.
I looked away. "Oh..." I trailed off, unsure how to respond. I took another bite of oatmeal, trying to mind my own business but found it uncomfortable to have some stranger just watching me eat. "I'm sorry, but do you mind...maybe turning around?" I tried suggesting.
Unfortunately, he shook his head. "I have to make sure you eat all of your food. I can't risk anything."
I sighed, nodding understandingly. I stared down at my food, then to my pill. I glanced over at the worker before back at the tray.
The door opened once again, Jason walking in this time. "How are you feeling?"
"Fine," I answered simply.
He nodded, his eyes moving to my food. "Why aren't you eating?"
My heart started racing in fear. What would he do if I didn't eat? "I...I just...I feel uncomfortable," I stuttered, my eyes moving to the worker.
Jason furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? Is he doing something to you?" he asked, turning to the worker. "What are you doing to her!" he grabbed the man by his shirt.
"Nothing! I swear!" he exclaimed in fear.
"I feel uncomfortable having him watch me eat!" I spoke up so Jason wouldn't hurt an innocent man.
Jason let go of the worker, staring him down for a minute. "Leave," he ordered. The worker quickly nodded before running off. Jason then turned to me. "Eat."
I looked down at the food, picking up the spoon again and taking a scoop. I stopped, feeling eyes on me once again. I looked at Jason who was standing and watching over me. "Now you're staring at me."
"Well someone needs to make sure you eat," he pointed out.
"It's hard to eat when someone is breathing down my neck."
"Just eat your food, goddammit!" He yelled, getting closer and making me jump. Jason's eyes softened, silence thick in the air. "How about we just talk while you eat? You're finally speaking again, do you have any questions?"
"Uh...yeah. W-where are we? This can't be just any hospital. You're a wanted criminal and I'm now a missing person," I questioned.
"Its mine. I have my own hospital near my headquarters for me and my workers. I hired my own medical team, so it's not connected to the government. No police, no witnesses, no questions," he explained.
I raised my eyebrows, surprised how well thought out it all was. "Wow. That's actually...very clever," I complimented.
Jason gave a nod. "Thank you," he said, pointing to my food. I took a bite of oatmeal and thought of other questions.
"How long will I be here?"
Jason shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe another night, but you'll still need someone watching to make sure you eat."
I looked down, feeling ashamed. "I will...I know I should."
There was silence as I took another bite, Jason and I both in our thoughts. "You wanna know something?" Jason asked. I looked up at him as I took a sip of water. "I noticed you were off. You seemed drained of energy and exhausted. You even seemed weak. But the scariest part of it was how scared you were of me."
I froze, remembering how I felt. I thought I was going to die. I don't feel comfortable with Jason, but at least in my pill I wasn't constantly fearing for my life, not to that extreme.
"Are you really that scared of me?"
I looked down, not sure what I should tell him. "Well...that was me and my anxiety showing...but it was still me. I wasn't on my pill, so my fear was...amplified. I don't show you my fear, but it exists."
"I'm not going to hurt you, there's nothing to be scared of," Jason assured.
"You say that, but I knew you before you kidnapped me, Jason. I know how your mind works, and I know you don't care about other people, you're easily angered, and you could snap at anytime: whether you want to or not," I explained, making him look down. "Not to mention you're a criminal who's hurt and even killed hundreds of people, of course I'm scared!"
"I know I don't want to hurt you, and all you have to do is not make me angry!"
"That's no way to live! I should be free to speak my mind, I should be free from this prison you're keeping me in!" I exclaimed, bringing it to my freedom.
Jason was silent, probably unsure how to respond. "You know you can't. I can't let you."
I sighed, ignoring the subject. "People shouldn't constantly be afraid of you. It's why I really wanted to help treat you in the prison."
"Really, it wasn't your paycheck?" He questioned.
I immediately shook my head. "My job was never about the paycheck. Especially when you were my patient," I answered honestly.
Jason stared at me, speechless and probably surprised. I went back to eating my food, letting Jason process what I said.
"Is that why you didn't want me to take pills for my depression? Because you wanted to really help me?" He asked softly. I just nodded, continuing to eat. There was more to it, but I don't need to tell him.
There was more silence as Jason thought and I ate. "You said you wanted to help my depression naturally. You didn't want me to depend on pills because it would be more beneficial..." he trailed off, my stomach starting to twist as he seemed to be getting closer to the other reason. "Is it because you depend on your anxiety medication?"
There it was. I let out a deep breath and faced Jason. "I didn't want you to be so dependent on a pill like me. I wanted you to be okay without it. You saw me when I didn't have my pill, I didn't want that for you. To be a different person because of some drug, and be...screwed without it. Because I am," I explained. Jason stared at me again, as if searching for the truth. "I told you, I wanted to help you. I cared..." I said before turning back to my food, taking another bite.
The door opened, the doctor walking in. "Hello, I'm just here to check up on you," he said.
I picked up my tray, handing it to Jason. "Look, all the food is gone," I commented, a bit surprised talking had distracted me enough to just eat.

Jason grinned softly. "I'll see you for lunch," he said before leaving the room.

Hey I made a Spotify playlist for this story if you wanna check it out and listen while you read: https://open.spotify.com/user/1236055528/playlist/0t4vNYdpBVZJBbtuOAQyvy