Chapter 1: The Studio *EDITED*

Olivia's POV:

"Urgh, why do I have to bring in the washing, it's your turn," I said to my fifteen year old brother Dominic.

"Because I'm busy Liv, I'll do it next time," he replied his eyes transfixed on the TV.

"Yeah, watching a stupid TV show," I grumbled under my breath.

I knew I wouldn't win an argument with him when he was barely listening, so I just had to suck it and get the washing. My wavy hair flicked behind me as I walked out of the room.

My name is Olivia, I am five foot, four inches, with brown hair. I have green eyes. I may not look it but I am quite strong. I do lots of sports and I love playing video games. I'm not too bad at school but my real passion is singing and songwriting as well as dancing. No one but my mum knows I write songs but she hasn't heard any of them. When it comes to singing or dancing, I get too nervous to perform I front of anyone. I would love to be a singer. I still write and sing but I was never going to be able to perform I front of people so I just decided to focus on my academic career.

As I walked out to my back garden, I heard the cars passing by on the main road that my garden backs on to. The pavements both sides of the roads were empty and none of the neighbors were outside so I started singing one of my favorite songs.

"B b b baby come on over I don't care if people find out," I started to sing as I began collecting the washing off the line.

"They say that we're no good together and it's never gunna work out," I carried on.

Magic was one of my favorite song at the moment. I liked some of One Direction's songs, and I do like them as well, but I would never scream or cry over them, and I don't follow their live on a day to day basis. I carried on singing the song as I collected the washing walking closer to the road.

"Everything you do is magic," I sung as I got closer to the garden fence.

I carried on with the next verse and chorus adding my own acoustic twist to the tune. As I got to Niall's part, a voice interrupted me.

"Excuse me Miss, you sound very good, I like what you did with that song, nice and original," he said with a smile. I didn't reply, I just gaped at him.

"Are you ok?" he asked again. I carried on staring until a motorbike drove past and woke me from my shock.

"Um yeah?" I said in a questioning voice.

"It's ok, well I think you know who I am by your reaction," he said laughing slightly. I loosened up after that knowing he laughed and wasn't as mean as on the TV.

"Uh yeah Mr Cowell," I said trying to compose myself while being polite.

"Please call me Simon, and you are?" he asked me still smiling.

"Olivia Smith," I replied

"Well it was nice to meet you. I heard you singing. You are a very talented young girl, have you ever thought about singing professionally?" he asked me

"Thanks. I've kind of thought about it, I would love to but I get too nervous performing I front of people so I thought I should just give up," I said looking down at the last bit, slightly ashamed that I made that decision.

"Well you defiantly should not give up. You are a great singer and you just need to overcome your fear and build up some more confidence," he said smiling.

"I guess you're right it's just," I said trialing off towards the end.

"It's just hard? Well I think I can help with that," he said.