Chapter 49: Epilogue

Niall's POV:

"Jesus, I'm going to be late, I can't be late," I said to myself while rushing around the hotel room I was staying in.

"Niall, calm down, it will be fine," my mum said as she tied my tie because my hands were shaking too much.

Greg, Denise, Theo, Bobby and mum were staying in the hotel too which was in the village Liv grew up in. I was wearing a black suit and white shirt which was sleek. I would be meeting Liv's family and the rest of the guests at the church for the service.

I wasn't completely sure how the service and proceedings would work, but I was very nervous and quite scared. I am glad however, that were were able to have this service in Liv's hometown because I know that is what she wanted and I'd do anything for her. I prepared a speech, but I keep thinking I'd mess it up because of nerves and because it's such an emotional day. I also know that some of Liv's family will also be making speeches throughout the day and her dad would be making a speech before I did.

I picked up the piece of paper from my dressing table that I had been working on and I scanned over the words I had written. I then rushed out of the door and got into the large car with the rest of my family. We were already late and the traffic was bad today, I assumed there would be paps and fans showing up, but I hoped that they wouldn't and I hoped that they would respect our privacy. We had kept the venue a secret, but it's not hard to work out if you know where Liv grew up and the fact that I have been photographed here. There were several trends on twitter about the day, but I didn't pay too much attention to anything on Twitter these days.

We arrived at the church late, but we rushed pass the grave yard that was connected to the church and through the large brown doors. My family sat in some seats near the back, but I made my way to the front, and sat in the reserved seat, to the left of the podium. Liv's dad was currently standing at the podium and part way through his speech, after which I would be making my speech. After pausing for a moment as I sat down, he carried on talking and I tried to listen while my mind tried to wonder.

"Like I was saying, I remember when Olivia was young, and she always talked about her prince charming coming along and taking her away to a beautiful castle where they would sing all night long. She would write little songs and spend her time singing and learning how to play musical instruments. She always watched X factor and always said she would go on there and win, she was such a confident little girl, but kids can be mean. She sank into her shell and almost gave up on a music career. We hoped, something would happen that would give her new hope and that is exactly what Simon gave her, but there was one thing he couldn't give her, and that was the confidence to really go for it. That is were Niall came in, Niall gave her that hope, gave her that confidence that she needed to succeed and we are forever thankful for that because her talent needed to be shared with the world and we are so glad that she found the happiness that so deserved. We all love you Liv," he finished and I smiled to myself before getting up, shaking his hand and taking his place at the podium.

"Umm, I'm not really sure on what to say, I've never really had to make a speech like this before, but one thing I do know is that I love Olivia and I will always love her. I will never stop loving her, and I know everyone here agrees that she has always been a beautiful and kind person. She never realised how she helped so many people, she has provided happiness to so many and I am so proud of her for that. I have always admired her since I first met her, and she has been a wonderful girlfriend, but most importantly, an amazing friend, and I will never forget all the good times we have had together. I've never really been good at speeches, but I want to thank you all for coming today, and I just want to say, I love you Liv," I finished before going back to my seat.

The priest then stood up and started speaking and explaining the proceedings to the guests, I wasn't fully listening to him, but instead thinking about all my memories that I had of Liv and I. People had started standing up and walking out the big doors that lead them outside. I assumed the priest had instructed everyone to make their way outside for the next part of the service. I followed everyone and felt a pat on my shoulder, it was Harry and I smiled at him faintly. He looked as though he had recently been crying, but I had been struggling to hold tears in for a while now.

"It'll be fine," Harry said before following the other guys out of the church.

I nodded as he left and felt my feet carry me with the rest of the guests as I kept think of my memories with Liv.

The first time I met her and her voice stunned me, we connected so deeply, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. The first time we kissed in truth or dare, even though it was a dare, I was glad to be able to kiss her and I loved it. All the drama with Mason, but then finding her safe and getting Mason arrested. The first time we kissed for real and said we loved each other happened after we found her, and I've always felt so lucky that she would ever be interested in me. She was a beautiful person, and she loved me. I always felt like the luckiest man in the world when she was by my side. Through all the tough times we helped each other, through all the good times we were together and happy. Even through things got tough, we were always there for each other. We may have both messed up sometimes, but we only got stronger, and I am forever thankful that I have had this relationship with her. The day I proposed was such a big day, and I was so scared that she would say no, but she didn't, she wanted to be with me forever and I was so happy. I knew in that moment that I had found the love of my life, and I vowed to myself that I would never let her go.

I made my way to the front of the group and started listening to the priest again while standing next to the mound of dirt.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Miss Olivia Jane Smith, a beautiful young woman who was taken before her time," the priest said and I felt the tears starting to fall from my eyes.

"She was cruelly taken by cancer, but she will be remembered by all the wonderful things she did for those around her. She will be greatly missed, by those who knew and loved her, but also by the rest of the world," He said and I felt Liam and Harry put their arms around me as I cried.

"Now, guests can take part in the burial ceremony and place a handful of the mound onto the coffin," The priest said and I stepped forward.

I picked up a handful of the dirt and walked over to the whole in the ground, I looked down at the coffin and read the gold letters written on it. They read 'In loving memory of Olivia Jane Smith Age 20, 1996-2016'.

As I read it, a tear dropped onto the coffin and I placed the dirt on it before whispering goodbye and walking away, looking back one last time at the queues of people saying goodbye to a beautiful woman.

A/N: Here is the official final chapter for you all to read.

I hope you all enjoy, and please VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, ADD TO READING LIST or whatever and let me know in the comments what you think about this chapter.