Chapter 35: Half A Heart *EDITED*

Olivia's POV:

Over the next few days, I spent a lot of time writing new songs and improving my old ones. I had been doing the same in New York and had spoken to the writers about them, so I now had four songs that were ready to be recorded. I had now recorded my debut single, my duet with Ed and my duet with the boys. Once I've finished the four songs that had been approved, I will have finished half of my album. I wanted to get my recording done for the four songs this week before the next interview which was on Friday.

It was the day before the interview and I had finished the four songs that needed recording so I now had seven finished songs for my album. I was aiming for around fourteen songs in total, but I could afford to have more or less. I hadn't decided on a third single yet because that would be released after my whole album was finished, so I was going to wait until I had finished everything before deciding on the third.

I woke up at eight in the morning and headed down to the lounge in my pajamas with my sheet music and note book with some ideas, as well as my song folder. I spent the next three hours writing and experimenting with some songs. By eleven, all the boys had made their way out of bed and had had showers and breakfast. I finished up writing and grabbed a quick breakfast before sitting at the dining table.

"Hey Liv, we are going out so get ready quickly," Harry said as I got up to put my plate in the kitchen.

"Okay, where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," Louis said smiling and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously?" I asked and he nodded.

"Now go and get ready," Liam said.

"I'm going, keep your pants on," I said before heading upstairs to take a shower.

Once I had finished in the shower, I went back to my room and changed into a pair of denim shorts and a baby pink and white striped thin knitted jumper which didn't cover the shoulders but lay just below. I chose a jumper because it was slightly breezy, but I just wore a vest top under it. I then headed downstairs to find the boys on the sofas talking and waiting for me.

"I'm ready, now will you tell me where we are going?" I asked them.

"Nope, that'll ruin the surprise," Louis said dragging one of my arms to the lift.

"Isn't Niall coming?" I asked noticing that he wasn't with us.

"No, he's staying here," Zayn said and I nodded slightly disappointed. I still wanted to be around Niall, even if we weren't talking.

We made our way down to the car and Liam drove us down the road and down a side road. It only took about five minutes until he stopped beside some bushes and we all got out of the car. I recognized the hidden park where Niall took me just after I was found in the warehouse with Mason. I remembered when we looked up at the stars and Niall pointed out the brightest one and where we promised we would stay together through thick and thin. I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek as I remembered the moment, but I wiped it away before it fell off my face.

"Just go through there," Liam whispered into my ear pointing through the bushes where Niall and I had walked through before.

I walked through the bushes before my eyes landed on him. He was in the middle of the small park sitting on a picnic blanket with a basket that was closed at the moment. I made my way over to him to find his guitar sitting behind him. As I walked towards him, his eyes never left me. Once I got to him I knelt down on the mat. The park was silent apart from the trees rustling and there was no one else around.

"Liv, here is me proving to you how much I love you and that I could never possibly be ashamed of you or want to hide you," Niall said before picking up his guitar.