Chapter 5

The entire next week, they had had a lot of interviews to promote the album and their upcoming tour. And not one interview went by without a question about Larry Stylinson and every time that it happened, Harry's heart dropped because at this point, he could just tell it wasn't going to end well.

A phone call from the management a few nights later confirmed Harry's suspicions.

The two of them had been watching a movie, snuggled up in one of their beds when Louis' phone rang. Harry mouthed to Louis to put it on the speaker and he had.

"You are moving out first thing tomorrow, Louis!" Simon had said as soon as Louis had received the phone call. Harry had nearly dropped the bowl of popcorn that he'd been holding because how was he supposed to survive without Lou?

"Why am I the only one that's moving out, huh?"

To say Louis was furious would be an understatement. It was written all over his face.

"Because, Louis, the rumors about the two of you are getting out of hand. You moving out will give them something else to talk about." Simon had said as casually as one would talk about the weather and Harry's entire world had come crumbling down.

As soon as he'd gotten off of the phone, Louis had turned to Harry, thrown his arms around Harry and pulled him in for a hug. Neither of them knew how to live without the other. They had been with each other 24/7 for the last two years.

Harry had cried his eyes out that night and for the first time, Louis couldn't do anything to comfort his best mate. They'd fallen asleep that night, snuggled up and all. For the last time for a long time.

The next morning, Louis had broken the news to the rest of the guys and they had reminisced about the last two years they'd all spent in the house. From the time Niall had dropped his coffee all over their white couch to the time where they'd straightened Harry's hair as he slept or the time where Zayn had slipped on the floor and nearly died to the time where he had chased Liam around with, believe it or not, a spoon and Liam kept running around until he'd collided with Niall all of a sudden and they fell over, on top of each other. They'd stayed like that for a good minute staring into each other's eyes until Harry had broken the silence by giggling at the moment they'd shared. Liam had stood up quickly and run off while Niall had sheepishly gotten up, straightening his shirt with bright red cheeks.

Louis did not know how to live without these guys. They'd kept him grounded and he'd kept them together. He'd never worried about laundry or food on the days he couldn't help himself. They'd kept his life from falling apart and now he was being forced to live without them, all at once. He'd wanted to cry and scream and all those things all at once but that wouldn't have made a difference. He did not have a choice.

Paul had picked Louis up later that day and dropped him off at his new place. Louis had broken down on the first steps because he was scared and not one cell in his body was ready for this.

Harry had picked out one of Louis' shirts that night and held it close because it smelled like Louis. He'd gotten under Louis' duvet, the shirt still clutched in his hand. Harry had cried the entire night because their room did not even feel like a room anymore. With Louis gone, it felt like the room had gone from bright colored to black and white and it killed Harry with every breath he took.

The next morning Liam had brought Harry breakfast in bed because he knew it would be the hardest on Harry because of reasons, he was sure, he was the only one that knew. He'd found Harry sleeping in Louis' bed and his heart had broken as he noticed the tear stains. He'd left Harry sleeping and gone downstairs to help himself to breakfast. Soon after Niall had woken up and made his way to the kitchen.

"Li" Niall had called out, yawning. Liam's heart skipped a beat at that.

"Just in time for breakfast, babe!" It had slipped out before Liam knew, earning him a raised eye brow from Niall. To save himself from further embarrassment, Liam hastily turned away from Niall and got to cooking Niall's favorite; scrambled eggs with an extra bit of black pepper along with toast and a nice warm cup of tea.

By the time Liam placed their breakfast (he had decided to cook enough for two people he and Niall could share) Zayn had joined them in the kitchen to inform the guys that he was going back to Bradford for a bit.

Harry had woken up around noon, rubbing his eyes. He'd called out Louis' name twice before he realized Louis did not live with him any longer. Sighing, he got out of bed and made his way downstairs where Niall and Liam were watching the reruns of Supernatural's seventh season.

He got himself an apple and joined the other two on the couch. Both of them nodded in his direction and went back to watching the TV. Harry, however, was beginning to feel like he was being invasive and about ten minutes later he'd excused himself and gone back upstairs.

Hours later, Liam was knocking at Harry's door because he wanted to see if he was alright. Harry silently thanked the lord he'd locked the door behind him and pretended to be asleep. Liam gave up five minutes later, dropping Harry a text and letting him know his lunch was in the fridge and that all of them (minus Zayn) were going to Louis' later.

That is a thing, Harry had thought to himself. Louis' place. Louis having his own home.

Because, the fact that people considered a place for living home felt foreign to Harry because his home, for a long time now, had been his best friend's blue eyes.

A home that was taken away from him.

---------------------

All the love, 

Me x