Chapter 26

I know this is hasty and unedited. I wanted this to be up here. Years later and I still love this fic to death. I love this fic as much as people love their own children! So here y'all go! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis took Eleanor to a nearby fare where they spent hours jumping around, going on different rides, eating everything and anything they could find. The whole time out with Eleanor, Louis had a nagging feeling at the back of his mind that he should have stayed at home. Yet here he was out with his girlfriend which he loved very much so he pushed the feeling away and smiled. Or tried to. 

"Are you alright, Lou?" Eleanor asked time and time again but each time he nodded and smiled. That would satisfy her and she would go back to telling Louis about the kid who ran into a glass wall at her work or about the weirdly creative dresses her employer made her put on and model for. All that stuff, Louis didn't give a damn about but he laughed along anyway.

They then went out to a small café, because according to Eleanor it was "the best one out there." Louis ordered a Macchiato with a chocolate muffin while Eleanor ordered a Frappuccino along with some cinnamon rolls. Eleanor then began explaining the café's history until their orders arrived. They dug in and a bite into his cinnamon roll, Louis almost moaned at the heavenly taste.

"Told you." Eleanor laughed and Louis just shook his head before smiling at her.

They stayed at the café where they talked until late night, until the café owner, who happened to be El's friend, kicked them out. Louis mentally thanked the owner because he couldn't put the uneasy feeling away now and all he wanted to do was get home as soon as possible.

He dropped Eleanor off, who insisted that he spent the night at her place. As much as he wanted to, he politely declined.

"I'll come over tomorrow or something, yeah?" He asked, trying to cheer her up.

"Promise?"

"El, with the job that I have you never know when I might be called for what." He replied as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind his girlfriend's ear. She just nodded with a sad look.

"I am sorry." He whispered right before Eleanor's lips captured his and he kissed back. He went to hold her face between his hands and kissed back with as much passion as he could. She pulled back when she ran out of breath. Louis whispered an apology again and hugged her before he drove back home.

He used his key to unlock the door. The house was quiet so he tiptoed up to the room he and Harry shared before he moved out. He turned the door handle and it wasn't locked so he just walked in.

"Heyyyyy-" He stopped mid-word because the room was empty and eerily silent except for the sound of running water. He just shook his head and plopped himself down on the bed.

He didn't think much about the continuous water running or Harry's absence until he had been lying there for nearly thirty-five minutes. That's when his nerves kicked in and his heart beat sped up.

"Haz, how long will you be in there?" He asked as he knocked on the door. No answer.

He knocked three more times before his soft knocks turned into frantic punches and hasty kicks to the door. He could almost hear the hinges creaking but he wasn't stopping. The fact that it had been silent on the other side when he called for Harry scared him shitless.

"Harry. Come on! OPEN UP!" He half yelled through the punches. All he heard on the other side was silence blending into the shower running.

"I'll fucking knock this door down, Haz. Please!" He whispered.