Chapter 7

Because, I don't fucking want to eat. What part of 'not hungry' don't you lot get?" Harry nearly yelled.

This had taken the guys by surprise when Harry just up and left with a curt half-whisper, "I'll be home. Take your time!"

Liam could feel the dead-ness in Harry's voice and that was enough to make the hair on his neck stand.

Louis ran his hand over his face, as frustrated as any of them, if not more. "What's up with him?" "That. That wasn't Harry." Louis whispered to no one in particular.

"Did something happen while we were gone?" Liam knew something must have happened, something had to have happened. Because he agreed with the older lad, that wasn't Harry at all.

"Nothing that I know of, to be honest. We talked and then you lot got here."

All Liam could do was nod and hope Harry got home safely. "Did he, uhm, say something to you?" Liam couldn't help but ask minutes later, earning him a raised eyebrow from Niall.

"Nah, he wanted to tell me something but then he forgot." Louis shrugged, more into texting whoever he was texting.

That just about confirmed Liam's suspicions but what could Louis have said or done that made Harry change his mind, Liam didn't know.

Liam, at this point, just wanted to go home and check up on Harry but he also wanted to give the younger lad space and time to clear his head.

Liam was quite oblivious to the fact that the methods the younger of the two used to clear his head weren't all that healthy; or safe, for that matter.

So he got up and decided to heat up the pizza, that all of them had forgotten about because that would help him get his mind off of things. Once he'd put the pizza in the microwave and set the timer, he turned around and nearly jumped two steps back.

A certain blue-eyed, blonde lad whispered an almost inaudible "Booo!" and chuckled causing Liam's breath to hitch and pink tint his cheeks.

"Ni, uhm, what, uh, what are you doing here?" he had trouble getting the words out, what with his beating a thousand times a minute.

"Just checking up on you, babe!" Niall replied mimicking Liam's slip up from earlier that day, smirking.

Liam could feel his entire self, heating up and turning the darkest shade of red because fuck, what is Niall doing to me, fuck, I did not sign up for this.

"Did I just scare the fuck out of you, Li? Tell me I did not scare the fuck out of you!" the younger of the two snorted causing Liam to smile a small smile as well.

Niall could just make him smile, regardless of whatever was going on. Niall was hard to resist. Liam couldn't not smile at the blue-eyed boy.

"I am a big boy, Ni. I don't get scared!" Liam whispered, moving to stand next to the kitchen table because if he stood there, sandwiched between Niall and the microwave a second longer, he'd have leaned down and kissed Niall. It was hard enough seeing Niall walk around every day being his beautiful self, but having him this close was doing things to Liam.

But Niall being Niall couldn't get the god damn hint as he walked over to the older lad and embraced him, out of the blue.

"Li, whatever it is, please talk to me, okay? I don't like seeing you bottling shit up and being all sad and whatnot." Niall whispered into the crook of Liam's neck, making the older lad blush once again.